Show
  1. Scientist
    Ecreasion / Nov 13 2019 12.19

hi, my name is madison and i have been wondering what everyone thought about the LGBTQA+ community. i myself identify as a heteromantic bisexual, meaning i am sexually attracted to men and women but romantically attracted to men only.

so i am 100% for lgbtqa+, we are people too and i do not believe that we should face discrimination because of who we love or who we sleep with. i believe the lgbtqa+ community is for anyone who isnt entirely straight. even people from the lgbtqa+ comminunity are against others in it. some lesbians have came up to me and called me a s*** just because i only feel sexually attracted to women and not romantically attracted to them. everyone there says you cant help your sexuality but then they discriminate against you because of it even though they had to go through the exact same thing. so i am for the lgbtqa+ community but they need to be more accepting of the rest of the community who arent gay or straight.

id love to hear your opinions on this subject!

madison x

2. Coolcat
    Saanjh / Nov 16 2019 15.49

hi maddison, whats up?

Personally, I agree with your points on LBGTQIA+ and that no one deserves to be excluded. I am bisexual myself and feel exactly what you do, actually.

Some people such as the lesbians that you have mentioned shouldn't be discriminating someone of the same community. It's wrong; if this persists you should definitely tell someone.

My school environment is single-sex, therefore the only people I see are girls. They can't entertain themselves so they go around extracting sensitive information about others and circulating it. Guess what? People are mocking me for being partially lesbian in an all-girls school. I mean, we have transgender people here, so you'll be accepting people on one end of the spectrum, but not the other? Baloney.

This information reached them through links to people in my old school. I genuinely do feel like the atmosphere there is homophobic: I knew a lesbian girl there who got bullied because of it.

I think schools need to be more aware of their LGBT students- you can't get everyone to accept us, but we should ideally teach of adolescence as a time of change and that we all bloom differently. Some of us as flowers experience the same feelings, just for other people, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I also think there has to be a stigma broken about LGBTQ people. It's just a part of our identity, and those that are passionate about it will enforce it even more.

In so many countries people are yet to accept difference and minority. I guess that's what makes us stronger as a community.

No one deserves to be oppressed by any of their differences, it's what colours our world and makes it beautiful. :)

3. Scientist
    Saanjh / Nov 16 2019 15.49

hi maddison, whats up?

Personally, I agree with your points on LBGTQIA+ and that no one deserves to be excluded. I am bisexual myself and feel exactly what you do, actually.

Some people such as the lesbians that you have mentioned shouldn't be discriminating someone of the same community. It's wrong; if this persists you should definitely tell someone.

My school environment is single-sex, therefore the only people I see are girls. They can't entertain themselves so they go around extracting sensitive information about others and circulating it. Guess what? People are mocking me for being partially lesbian in an all-girls school. I mean, we have transgender people here, so you'll be accepting people on one end of the spectrum, but not the other? Baloney.

This information reached them through links to people in my old school. I genuinely do feel like the atmosphere there is homophobic: I knew a lesbian girl there who got bullied because of it.

I think schools need to be more aware of their LGBT students- you can't get everyone to accept us, but we should ideally teach of adolescence as a time of change and that we all bloom differently. Some of us as flowers experience the same feelings, just for other people, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I also think there has to be a stigma broken about LGBTQ people. It's just a part of our identity, and those that are passionate about it will enforce it even more.

In so many countries people are yet to accept difference and minority. I guess that's what makes us stronger as a community.

No one deserves to be oppressed by any of their differences, it's what colours our world and makes it beautiful. :)

Ecreasion / Nov 19 2019 13.10

i totally agree!

i also hope the other girls stop mocking you for being partially lesbian 😤

4. Heart
    ApplePlum / Nov 20 2019 12.40

Hi,

I think that it's horrible that people came up to you and talked to you like that just by how you identify. I do have to be honest though, i do feel that 100+ genders is too much. I feel that lesbian, gay, bi and trans is fine. My reasoning is that, for example, bi- gender is someone whose gender identity encompasses aspects of male and female, while the two-spirit gender is somebody whose gender identity includes facets of both masculinity and femininity. To me those sound pretty much the same but I'm a straight female (born female at birth) so can I talk? To make it more clear, if some random kid in my class said that they where gender fluid then I would congratulate the on being so brave for telling people, but I would secretly think to myself that a gender changing over time is a bit strange(I would not tell them that though)

Please don't think that I don't think you or anyone else should stop being whatever they identify as just because I don't agree with it. You do you. What you feel most comfortable identifying as has nothing to do with me but one of the reasons I don't agree with it is because I don't think that it should be taught at schools (primary school), especially nursery. Children can be told things from a young age which they will probably believe for most of their life or until they become a bit older (like how if you swallow a watermelon seed a tree will grow in your stomach). So when people are telling literal 4-6 yr olds that they might actually be a boy or that they might not even be a gender. I know for a fact that when I was that age and even a bit older this would have really confused or just gone over me and my friends heads. My idea of an acceptable age for it to be taught at schools would be yr 7.

-ApllePlum

xxx

5. Scientist
    ApplePlum / Nov 20 2019 12.40

Hi,

I think that it's horrible that people came up to you and talked to you like that just by how you identify. I do have to be honest though, i do feel that 100+ genders is too much. I feel that lesbian, gay, bi and trans is fine. My reasoning is that, for example, bi- gender is someone whose gender identity encompasses aspects of male and female, while the two-spirit gender is somebody whose gender identity includes facets of both masculinity and femininity. To me those sound pretty much the same but I'm a straight female (born female at birth) so can I talk? To make it more clear, if some random kid in my class said that they where gender fluid then I would congratulate the on being so brave for telling people, but I would secretly think to myself that a gender changing over time is a bit strange(I would not tell them that though)

Please don't think that I don't think you or anyone else should stop being whatever they identify as just because I don't agree with it. You do you. What you feel most comfortable identifying as has nothing to do with me but one of the reasons I don't agree with it is because I don't think that it should be taught at schools (primary school), especially nursery. Children can be told things from a young age which they will probably believe for most of their life or until they become a bit older (like how if you swallow a watermelon seed a tree will grow in your stomach). So when people are telling literal 4-6 yr olds that they might actually be a boy or that they might not even be a gender. I know for a fact that when I was that age and even a bit older this would have really confused or just gone over me and my friends heads. My idea of an acceptable age for it to be taught at schools would be yr 7.

-ApllePlum

xxx

Ecreasion / Nov 20 2019 18.33

so what your saying is that you find sexuality ok but you think there is an excessive amount of genders and you should be taught about them later on in year 7 ( im not english so im gonna guess thats around age 10 or 11 )

i think it should be taught to young children early in their school life because it would then kind of show that no matter what you identify as you are the same. when you are older it is harder to accept change like young children do.

as for the excessive amount of genders there are 52 and yes, some of them are similar but they are all different it is why we have them. even with all these genders some people might still feel like theirs isnt there.

i am really happy that you would congratulate them on coming out, as well if someone was to come out to you it probably means they trust you enough to tell you their deepest secrets.

thank you for sharing your opinion on the subject

P.S. if your born female at birth and stay female thats called cisgender? same goes if your a boy

- cisgender female

- cisgender male

6. Childline Avatar

hi, my name is madison and i have been wondering what everyone thought about the LGBTQA+ community. i myself identify as a heteromantic bisexual, meaning i am sexually attracted to men and women but romantically attracted to men only.

so i am 100% for lgbtqa+, we are people too and i do not believe that we should face discrimination because of who we love or who we sleep with. i believe the lgbtqa+ community is for anyone who isnt entirely straight. even people from the lgbtqa+ comminunity are against others in it. some lesbians have came up to me and called me a s*** just because i only feel sexually attracted to women and not romantically attracted to them. everyone there says you cant help your sexuality but then they discriminate against you because of it even though they had to go through the exact same thing. so i am for the lgbtqa+ community but they need to be more accepting of the rest of the community who arent gay or straight.

madison x

JessieMockingjay / Jan 24 2020 22.14

hi im bisexual and in the closet. i have known for almost a year and still havent come out to anyone, its lonely and rlly rlly rllly sad. oh, and i have a crush on a girl in the class who is straight.

btw i am a girl who likes girls the most so here are my percentages:

girls:70%

boys:30%

7. Fixer

madison x

Becca-lol / Jan 27 2020 19.01

Hi Maddison!!

I am actually a lesbian and I support LGBTQ+ (well clearly since I’m apart of it!) I think that we should all be ourselves and it doesn’t matter who we love, as long as we can be ourselves :)

- Becca x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything