Show
  1. Graduate
    Lonely-outsider / Nov 11 2019 14.50

So this is one of the most remarkable experiences of implicit sexism I have ever experienced. As a disclaimer I am FTM and I haven't had any physical transition yet.

One morning in June this year, I went downstairs wearing just a top and pulling it over my thighs, because I was unable to find any trousers/jeans/underpants in my bedroom, normally walked into the laundry room to get something for my legs, but then a woman came in and she was like "There's male staff around, you've got nothing on your legs, and you're female, at the end of the day".

Sex segregation is fairly understandable, and I get that people value privacy when getting dressed and things. But those words and the way in which she says them, it implies that it's absolutely game over if a man sees female genitals. Or maybe she just might be doing the plain old adultsplaining; in the past she's said sh*t like "You're a child until you're eighteen" like I'm a 3 year old with no knowledge about the world, yes that statement is valid in legal terms, she don't recognise the distinction between a teenager and a child. I don't see the problem with, say, mixed sex toilets or changing rooms. It may be on the anti-feminist, anti-choice, belief that all men may be tempted by female genitalia or nipples, and will impulsively impregnate a woman if he see her naked etc.

Just hoping for others opinions x

2. Childline Avatar
    Lonely-outsider / Nov 11 2019 14.50

So this is one of the most remarkable experiences of implicit sexism I have ever experienced. As a disclaimer I am FTM and I haven't had any physical transition yet.

One morning in June this year, I went downstairs wearing just a top and pulling it over my thighs, because I was unable to find any trousers/jeans/underpants in my bedroom, normally walked into the laundry room to get something for my legs, but then a woman came in and she was like "There's male staff around, you've got nothing on your legs, and you're female, at the end of the day".

Sex segregation is fairly understandable, and I get that people value privacy when getting dressed and things. But those words and the way in which she says them, it implies that it's absolutely game over if a man sees female genitals. Or maybe she just might be doing the plain old adultsplaining; in the past she's said sh*t like "You're a child until you're eighteen" like I'm a 3 year old with no knowledge about the world, yes that statement is valid in legal terms, she don't recognise the distinction between a teenager and a child. I don't see the problem with, say, mixed sex toilets or changing rooms. It may be on the anti-feminist, anti-choice, belief that all men may be tempted by female genitalia or nipples, and will impulsively impregnate a woman if he see her naked etc.

Just hoping for others opinions x

Tia103 / Nov 15 2019 1.01

i see your point but maybe she just said it because she thiuhht youd be embarrassed if somone saw you half naked ? 🤷🏽‍♀️ im not sure though

3. Graduate
    Tia103 / Nov 15 2019 1.01

i see your point but maybe she just said it because she thiuhht youd be embarrassed if somone saw you half naked ? 🤷🏽‍♀️ im not sure though

Lonely-outsider / Nov 15 2019 13.19

Yeah, I understand your point. But walking around, bare-legged but pulling my top over, I was feeling normal

4. Burying
    PEGGYPEGGYPEGGYPEGGYPEGGY / Nov 16 2019 13.34

I really feel you and I am so sorry this is happening to you.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything