Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Docmartens1 / Nov 04 2019 18.55

I am in year 7 and feel a bit worried about my school year ahead, mainly becayse of friendship issues . i cant seem to find a friend in which i can be honest and myself with. All my others friends judge me for being to childish. i dont think im to childish. They are all swearing and wearing handbags and makeuo so i think theu have changed not me. i am to scared to say all this to them as i am a bit of a wuss and hate upsetting anyone. any advice to make new friends?

2. Nose dive
    Josie-27 / Nov 10 2019 21.15

Hello - I’m in year 7 too, and I understand. Although I have plenty of friends, they leave me out sometimes, so I get it. I have the same problem. Things will change as people grow up and decide who they want to be.

Your friends have just gone down a different path to you. They prefer the things that are stereotypically ‘grown up’. But that doesn‘t mean you are less mature than them or the other way around. You just have different interests! I think that they swear for attention and they are probably trying to grow up too soon.

They don’t seem like good friends, so it may be good for you to make some new ones. Try joining clubs, then you’ll meet people who have the same interests as you! Try making conversation with classmates who look a little lonely - chances are, they’re nice people who just want someone to talk to! I’ll be your friend if you like. It‘s a start at least.

So you don’t upset them, why don‘t you just drift apart from them? Stop texting them so often. Hang out with other people for a bit. Eventually, things will happen on their own and your friends will realise that it’s not your fault.

In the meantime, if they call you immature or childish, just tell them that you may have different interests. Or just say that you don’t care! Really, you are just taking a moment to savour life and focusing more on the present than the future, and if anything, that’s a good thing!

Bye!

3. Childline Avatar
    qwerty5937 / Nov 11 2019 0.18

hey (:

year 10 student here:

ive never really been in a situation where ive been in a group of people who make me feel unhappy, so i cant give you much help there, i was always the lonely kid

fortunately, i found a nice group of friends which i met in a nerdy club i go to; i speak to them every day and theyre nice people (:

i recommend that you join a school club that you like, you’ll find like-minded people there who you could become great friends with (:

hope this helps, good luck out there (:

4. Childline Avatar
    Docmartens1 / Nov 04 2019 18.55

I am in year 7 and feel a bit worried about my school year ahead, mainly becayse of friendship issues . i cant seem to find a friend in which i can be honest and myself with. All my others friends judge me for being to childish. i dont think im to childish. They are all swearing and wearing handbags and makeuo so i think theu have changed not me. i am to scared to say all this to them as i am a bit of a wuss and hate upsetting anyone. any advice to make new friends?

snowwiethehamster / Nov 14 2019 23.15

hi! im in year seven and u will be fine,well,im fine even tho i like anime,but dont ever let anyone think ur too childish

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything