Childline's info on and support with social media

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Nov 01 2019 12.45

Hi everyone,

We know that social media can play a really big part in your lives and that lots of you use it every day.  We always want to have info and advice that will help when you need it and we also wanted to try to find out a bit more about how social media can make you feel.

So, can social media make you feel different things depending on what it’s maybe used for?  Maybe some of you find that it helps you in some way while others might find it a difficult place to be.  What do you all think?

What do you think when adults maybe talk about the time being spent on social media – does being on for longer or shorter times make a difference?  Do you think about screen time?

There can be lots of news and info on social media but sometimes, it might not all be true.  Is that something you think or worry about?

And are there some things about social media you’d like to have Childline talk more about?  We have info on staying safe online but we’d love to hear what advice you can be looking for and to know more about your thoughts!

You don't have to answer everything and you can add anything else in as well - it's about what you'd all like to say!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

2. Childline Avatar

Hi everyone,

We know that social media can play a really big part in your lives and that lots of you use it every day.  We always want to have info and advice that will help when you need it and we also wanted to try to find out a bit more about how social media can make you feel.

So, can social media make you feel different things depending on what it’s maybe used for?  Maybe some of you find that it helps you in some way while others might find it a difficult place to be.  What do you all think?

What do you think when adults maybe talk about the time being spent on social media – does being on for longer or shorter times make a difference?  Do you think about screen time?

There can be lots of news and info on social media but sometimes, it might not all be true.  Is that something you think or worry about?

And are there some things about social media you’d like to have Childline talk more about?  We have info on staying safe online but we’d love to hear what advice you can be looking for and to know more about your thoughts!

You don't have to answer everything and you can add anything else in as well - it's about what you'd all like to say!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

rocky2294 / Nov 03 2019 16.28

Hello,

i think that having social media can help with friends and staying in contact, however i think likes and dislikes shouldn't excist, because i get so obsessed by them, along with many other people, seeing how much your post is liked, it's kinda addictive.

I think the amount of time spent on the day, it doesn't matter, so long as you are safe.

3. Sweets
    rocky2294 / Nov 03 2019 16.28

Hello,

i think that having social media can help with friends and staying in contact, however i think likes and dislikes shouldn't excist, because i get so obsessed by them, along with many other people, seeing how much your post is liked, it's kinda addictive.

I think the amount of time spent on the day, it doesn't matter, so long as you are safe.

SparkleV / Jan 12 2020 21.49

I think people should be more aware of the time they are spending on their screens. I wish my phone didn’t distract me from my schoolwork as much as it does and I don’t know what to do about it!

4. Childline Avatar
    Temporary85624531 / Feb 27 2020 16.02

yes people should be more aware of socail media

5. Childline Avatar
    purpleflamingo05 / Apr 02 2020 20.54

i have had to shut down all my social media bc i was getting lots of hassle on there from strangers. i sort of miss being able to do normal things on it tho.

6. Childline Avatar

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Jas-Host

Mollyprim / Apr 13 2020 14.31

Social media enables us to see fake versions of people that we believe to be true. Instagram is full of people looking their best and surrounded by friends having a good time. This leads us to wonder why our lives aren’t as exciting or happy like that all time. However, in reality, they only post what you want to see to make their life look forever happy and all smiles.

7. Bookworm
    idontknow2020 / Apr 24 2020 18.06

I hate it when adults blame social media and screen time for everything. If texting my friends and playing video games all day makes me happy, so be it! Don't complain about how I get too much screen time/don't get enough exercise/am lazy/don't do anything productive

8. Burying
    RainbowOstrichBrownie / Aug 13 2020 17.36

I recommend a kids' creative social media called PopJam. It's so much fun!

9. Burying
    idontknow2020 / Apr 24 2020 18.06

I hate it when adults blame social media and screen time for everything. If texting my friends and playing video games all day makes me happy, so be it! Don't complain about how I get too much screen time/don't get enough exercise/am lazy/don't do anything productive

RainbowOstrichBrownie / Aug 13 2020 17.36

Totally agreed!

10. Small
    SparkleV / Jan 12 2020 21.49

I think people should be more aware of the time they are spending on their screens. I wish my phone didn’t distract me from my schoolwork as much as it does and I don’t know what to do about it!

FlOoFy-PeNgUiN-xD / Aug 23 2020 10.45

There are plenty of great apps which you can download on your devices to help you to manage your screen time usage!  x

11. Childline Avatar

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Jas-Host

RitaIbiza2020 / Oct 15 2020 12.50

that is true love babs

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything