Childline's info on and support with social media

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Nov 01 2019 12.31

Hi everyone,

We know that social media can play a really big part in your lives and that lots of you use it every day.  We always want to have info and advice that will help when you need it and we also wanted to try to find out a bit more about how social media can make you feel.

So, can social media make you feel different things depending on what it’s maybe used for?  Maybe some of you find that it helps you in some way while others might find it a difficult place to be.  What do you all think?

What do you think when adults maybe talk about the time being spent on social media – does being on for longer or shorter times make a difference?  Do you think about screen time?

There can be lots of news and info on social media but sometimes, it might not all be true.  Is that something you think or worry about?

And are there some things about social media you’d like to have Childline talk more about?  We have info on staying safe online but we’d love to hear what advice you can be looking for and to know more about your thoughts!

You don't have to answer everything and you can add anything else in as well - it's about what you'd all like to say!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

2. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Nov 01 2019 12.31

Hi everyone,

We know that social media can play a really big part in your lives and that lots of you use it every day.  We always want to have info and advice that will help when you need it and we also wanted to try to find out a bit more about how social media can make you feel.

So, can social media make you feel different things depending on what it’s maybe used for?  Maybe some of you find that it helps you in some way while others might find it a difficult place to be.  What do you all think?

What do you think when adults maybe talk about the time being spent on social media – does being on for longer or shorter times make a difference?  Do you think about screen time?

There can be lots of news and info on social media but sometimes, it might not all be true.  Is that something you think or worry about?

And are there some things about social media you’d like to have Childline talk more about?  We have info on staying safe online but we’d love to hear what advice you can be looking for and to know more about your thoughts!

You don't have to answer everything and you can add anything else in as well - it's about what you'd all like to say!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

jenni21 / Nov 01 2019 14.58

Hi,

well basically i think social media is a good and bad things like for example having social media you could stay in touch with friends and family who you dont see all of the time

but then social media impacts on how we see our selfs cause we want to look like everyone else and we feel like we have to be pretty to be like everyone else i feel like its one of the most causes why we dont like ourself and its easier to get bullied on social media as well as if someone comments on our picture saying horrible things then everyone else joins in

using social media less might help how we feel about social media it really depends as it hard to not go on social media and the information on social media is really overwhelming

i feel like people should talk more how social media could really effect people and about how we see ourself

3. Childline Avatar
    Isabellas / Nov 08 2019 21.00

hi all

I actually don't have social media apart from WhatsApp.Not having things like snapchat,tiktok and Instagram etc has definitely impacted in good ways and bad ways.

Its good because i feel like then i won't be as exposed to things on it like fake news,body image and bad people.I've always struggled with posting images on my WhatsApp status and giving people photos as i always worry i don't look good in them.So not having the issue of doing that on social media makes it easier

Its bad because I feel like i can't connect with other people and slightly embarassed that i don't

bye

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything