Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Starryplutoxx / Oct 30 2019 19.35

how many hours do i have to do of revision a day seeing as my mocks are next week? i hate myself because im doing less than i did in june for year 10 mocks

2. Childline Avatar
    Last-hope / Nov 02 2019 22.59

Having finished my GCSE's 5 months ago, I can say not to burn yourself out with revision. I would usually go to school (of course), stay back for any lessons that I may be struggling with (my school ran revision sessions as well as 1-2-1) then come home and take a break. Breaks are important and should be fairly frequent. Like every 1 hour of revision I would take a 10 min break. And would only do say max 3 hours a day depending on what responsibilities I have that day. Dont feel bad because you did more revision in year 10, you still got 6 months left. Thats enough time to get on schedule.

3. Football
    Lockstar / Nov 02 2019 23.30

I'm sorry to hear that this is worrying you, Starryplutoxx, and I apologise that you did not get a reply nearer the time of sending.

Firstly, there is no set amount that you must do each day, but at this stage, you should just make sure that the revision you are doing is effective and regular. You don't really want to work without breaks for more than 60-90 minutes, so try to incorporate breaks of at least 15-20 minutes for every 60-90 minutes of revision done.

You also should remember that you are learning at school for a lot of the day, so your session after school shouldn't be too long, as you deserve a rest. Perhaps a 60-90 minute session following school each day would be effective, but if you feel yourself getting tired and stressed, please feel free to take time off, as it really isn't worth getting incredibly stressed over the mocks. They are should be taken seriously, of course, but they don't mean too much - they are only to allow you to get used to exam technique, to see which topics you are strong in and which ones you should focus on.

I only suggest getting used to revising regularly as it is important to be constantly looking at older topics to make sure that you are refreshed on both content you are currently covering and the ones covered previously. As long as you are trying your absolute best to achieve the grades you are capable of, then you're doing well .

I hope this helped. Please feel free to add anything or ask a question if you are unsure about something.

Take care,

Lockie

4. Childline Avatar
    Last-hope / Nov 02 2019 22.59

Having finished my GCSE's 5 months ago, I can say not to burn yourself out with revision. I would usually go to school (of course), stay back for any lessons that I may be struggling with (my school ran revision sessions as well as 1-2-1) then come home and take a break. Breaks are important and should be fairly frequent. Like every 1 hour of revision I would take a 10 min break. And would only do say max 3 hours a day depending on what responsibilities I have that day. Dont feel bad because you did more revision in year 10, you still got 6 months left. Thats enough time to get on schedule.

Starryplutoxx / Nov 03 2019 22.06

alright thanks x

5. Childline Avatar
    Lockstar / Nov 02 2019 23.30

I'm sorry to hear that this is worrying you, Starryplutoxx, and I apologise that you did not get a reply nearer the time of sending.

Firstly, there is no set amount that you must do each day, but at this stage, you should just make sure that the revision you are doing is effective and regular. You don't really want to work without breaks for more than 60-90 minutes, so try to incorporate breaks of at least 15-20 minutes for every 60-90 minutes of revision done.

You also should remember that you are learning at school for a lot of the day, so your session after school shouldn't be too long, as you deserve a rest. Perhaps a 60-90 minute session following school each day would be effective, but if you feel yourself getting tired and stressed, please feel free to take time off, as it really isn't worth getting incredibly stressed over the mocks. They are should be taken seriously, of course, but they don't mean too much - they are only to allow you to get used to exam technique, to see which topics you are strong in and which ones you should focus on.

I only suggest getting used to revising regularly as it is important to be constantly looking at older topics to make sure that you are refreshed on both content you are currently covering and the ones covered previously. As long as you are trying your absolute best to achieve the grades you are capable of, then you're doing well .

I hope this helped. Please feel free to add anything or ask a question if you are unsure about something.

Take care,

Lockie

Starryplutoxx / Nov 03 2019 22.08

hi lockie,

thanku sm, my mocks are tomorrow and i spent almost an hour trying to figure out what books i should bring tomorrow for revision before and i still dont know and it is unsettling me.

thanks for your message,

tugce x

6. Childline Avatar
    Starryplutoxx / Oct 30 2019 19.35

how many hours do i have to do of revision a day seeing as my mocks are next week? i hate myself because im doing less than i did in june for year 10 mocks

ColourlessLib / Nov 13 2019 22.50

Hiii! Me being the total worry person that I am I had the same issues as you!

What I’ve done to give myself a stress free time is I’ve picked out my most important subjects that I definitely need for whatever college course I want to do; if your not going to college maybe for an apprenticeship something like that. And I really focused on them lessons at first and later on you can worry about the other subjects you may feel are not needed. I’m taking an art course so let’s face it I’m not going to need science for that.

So what I’ve done Is I’ve made a really simple weekly timetable where I have 2 subjects and I spend an hour on both of those a day. And throughout the week I mix it up. For example:

On Mondays I do 1 hour of maths and 1 hour of art

On Tuesdays: I do 1 hour of English and 1 hour on RE

This helps me keep track of what I’m doing and I don’t get stressed out about what subject I have to do. You can go a step further which I have done cause I’m a nerd. I also split it into 2 weeks. For example:

Week 1: Monday I do 1 hour of maths, 1 hour of English

Tuesdays I do 1 hour of history, and 1 hour of RE

Week 2: Monday I do 1 hour of art, 1 hour of history

Tuesdays I do 1 hour of maths and 1 hour of art

For me this mixes things up a bit and makes sure you definitely get the same amount of Revision for each subject! Sorry if this is a really long message and if you don’t get what I’m saying, but I hoped it helped a little bit!

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything