School Lockdown Drill

Show
  1. Lion
    snowball121 / Oct 27 2019 19.18

Hey guys,

My school has had a letter home about a school lockdown drill and I don't know what to expect. 😖

I live in a country where having guns without a license is illegal (or something like that) so we have never had to deal with this kind of thing. I have heard of school shootings and they seem really scary, to think that that could happen to my school is worrying. 🙁

If anyone has dealt with this thing or have any advise, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much xxx

p.s when you have a counselor chat, is it texting to each other like on messaging or is it physically calling them?

2. Childline Avatar
    Livy141985 / Oct 27 2019 20.05

You can either call up or text via this app

3. Childline Avatar
    snowball121 / Oct 27 2019 19.18

Hey guys,

My school has had a letter home about a school lockdown drill and I don't know what to expect. 😖

I live in a country where having guns without a license is illegal (or something like that) so we have never had to deal with this kind of thing. I have heard of school shootings and they seem really scary, to think that that could happen to my school is worrying. 🙁

If anyone has dealt with this thing or have any advise, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much xxx

p.s when you have a counselor chat, is it texting to each other like on messaging or is it physically calling them?

Catsforeverandeverandever / Oct 27 2019 23.34

Hiya Snowball121

I alao live in a country where guns are illegal and have experience with lockdown drills. When my school had their first one everyone was quite excited to miss lessons �🤭😙🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭😮😮😯🧐😧🤪😮🤩😏🧐🤓🤓😎�as as as as it was at a scheduled time. I don’t know if this is the case with you? Well, the school smartboards appeared with a message saying lockdown and our class diled upstairs where there was a member of senior leadership with an air horn yelling at us to get into a room and ”take cover”. We were split into the nearest classroom and sat down on the florr with the blinds shut. We sat there dor about twenty minutes in silence with a teacher next to us going through facebook 😂. Then we were told to go back to class.

It wasn’t very stressful at all, boring at most but it is good practise just incase.

I think you have a perception that a lockdown is solely going to happen if there is a bomber etc, this is not the case they are mainly used for things such as fires(that are a while away) so u dont inhale smoke etc, escaped animals and others. If the idea of these scare you just remember that completing a lockdown is the safest thing to do and try to be partnered or close to someone you trust so that u can hold hands etc if you are scared during the lractise. In regards to bombers and guns, they are VERY limited in countries with gun laws and if it gives you piece of mind America has incredibly large schools which are often why such schools are targeted. If you are still fearful maybe try talking to you mentor or trusted teacher about it.

Let me know if this was reassuring

Cat

PS. Counseler chats are similar to texting. X

4. Childline Avatar
    Nikhile / Nov 10 2019 0.14

its normal to feel like that but in the end ur safe so dont worry just keep soldiering thru ur school is safe nd u hav a lot to do later on so keep going my friend

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything