Is it spelled Childline or ChildLine?

Show
  1. Scientist
    CoconutChoc / Aug 25 2019 23.11

Hey I know this is a weird post but some counsellors spell Childline with the second ‘l’ capitalised. Is it meant to be that way or has the name now evolved so it’s now a lowercase ‘l’? It’s a weird question and if it doesn’t get any replies, doesn’t matter.

What do you guys think; uppercase or lowercase?

2. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Aug 30 2019 14.47

Hi CoconutChoc,

It's not a weird question at all!  The capitalisation, "ChildLine", was actually changed in 2016 to "Childline"!  That was when this new site launched and the new branding came out.

Before that, the capital L was to really show that there was the Childline helpline.  But the lowercase is to show that Childline is there in whatever way young people want to contact - online, on the phone, anytime (which is our strapline showing how Childline is there!).

Hope that helps!  We'll pass this on for you though as it looks like there's still a lot of use of the old way and we don't want it to be confusing!

Take care,

Jas-Host

3. Artist
    shortstack1 / Aug 29 2020 13.30

childline in lowercases

4. Artist
    CoconutChoc / Aug 25 2019 23.11

Hey I know this is a weird post but some counsellors spell Childline with the second ‘l’ capitalised. Is it meant to be that way or has the name now evolved so it’s now a lowercase ‘l’? It’s a weird question and if it doesn’t get any replies, doesn’t matter.

What do you guys think; uppercase or lowercase?

shortstack1 / Aug 29 2020 13.31

lowercase

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything