Family issues and help needed!

Show
  1. Bookworm
    Killer-Queen / Jul 20 2019 23.21

Lately I have been having a lot of problems concerning my home life including a lot of arguments and abuse from my parents. I have looked at different articles concerning the subject here and I would put what I am living through as neglect and mental abuse. Obviously as you can imagine it is very hard for me to live through this as I have been living in these conditions for the last 5 years (since I went from living with my mum in France to living with my dad and step-mum in England) starting when I was 11. I can easily hide my feelings normally but lately it has been getting harder and harder and it might sound pathetic but I feel as if my mental health is deteriorating as well? As a 16 year old girl I really am not the attention seeking type of person that diagnoses themselves after taking a quizz online but I keep feeling like my own thoughts and mind are out of my control and I am powerless especially at night. I have (and am) seriously considering taking myself to the doctors and book an appointment with my GP but I am very nervous my dad will find out as he is a regular patient going 3 times a week to the local doctors. Just the receptionist mentioning I came the day before after realising my dad and I have the same family name (my family name is very uncommon) would put me in A LOT of trouble. I just need to talk to someone who can actually do something about my situation but without my parents getting in trouble... They also do not believe in mental illness thinking it is just attention seeking which makes it much harder for me to talk about it (trust me I tried and they called me pathetic, useless, a b*tch etc...)

So yeah I really need advice - what should I do? Is it just me overreacting? Please be honest to me - I can handle it!

2. Childline Avatar
    faista / Jul 22 2019 22.58

Hiya, i would definately go to the doctors. they shouldnt be able to tell your father if you specifically reuested them not to. your parents obviously are not behaving how parents should behave and thats never acceptable. it's important that you talk to someone about it, maybe and adult in your school? remember that once your an adult you don't need to see them again. you can create your own family so never give up hope. it will get better, trust me. i hope your situation improves :) x

3. Childline Avatar
    Killer-Queen / Jul 20 2019 23.21

Lately I have been having a lot of problems concerning my home life including a lot of arguments and abuse from my parents. I have looked at different articles concerning the subject here and I would put what I am living through as neglect and mental abuse. Obviously as you can imagine it is very hard for me to live through this as I have been living in these conditions for the last 5 years (since I went from living with my mum in France to living with my dad and step-mum in England) starting when I was 11. I can easily hide my feelings normally but lately it has been getting harder and harder and it might sound pathetic but I feel as if my mental health is deteriorating as well? As a 16 year old girl I really am not the attention seeking type of person that diagnoses themselves after taking a quizz online but I keep feeling like my own thoughts and mind are out of my control and I am powerless especially at night. I have (and am) seriously considering taking myself to the doctors and book an appointment with my GP but I am very nervous my dad will find out as he is a regular patient going 3 times a week to the local doctors. Just the receptionist mentioning I came the day before after realising my dad and I have the same family name (my family name is very uncommon) would put me in A LOT of trouble. I just need to talk to someone who can actually do something about my situation but without my parents getting in trouble... They also do not believe in mental illness thinking it is just attention seeking which makes it much harder for me to talk about it (trust me I tried and they called me pathetic, useless, a b*tch etc...)

So yeah I really need advice - what should I do? Is it just me overreacting? Please be honest to me - I can handle it!

--abby-w- / Jul 22 2019 23.41

Kind of scary how similar our situations are but my parents are still together (sometimes I think that’s worse though) I had a really good friend who actually offered to make me a doctors appointment and take me there but my parents found out and that didn’t end so well. But if you have a really good friend talk to them and they might be able to help just make sure your parents don’t find out if you think they will react badly xx

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything