Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    eleven-eleven-wishes / Jul 06 2019 12.43

hi, i turn 19 at the end of this year and i was wondering what happens to your account after your birthday? does it get deleted? can you no longer log on?

i regularly read through my emails and stuff in my locket when i need reminders and support - will i be able to do that when i turn 19?

i know i won't be able to use the provided services but will i still be able to access my account?

thanks

2. Childline Avatar
    eleven-eleven-wishes / Jul 06 2019 12.43

hi, i turn 19 at the end of this year and i was wondering what happens to your account after your birthday? does it get deleted? can you no longer log on?

i regularly read through my emails and stuff in my locket when i need reminders and support - will i be able to do that when i turn 19?

i know i won't be able to use the provided services but will i still be able to access my account?

thanks

eleven-eleven-wishes / Aug 06 2019 19.06

no one has replied to this

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Aug 08 2019 18.45

Hi eleven-eleven-wishes,

Sorry that I didn't reply to you sooner. When you turn 19, while it's about not using your account to talk to the counsellors or to post anything, you should still have access to it

That's about being able to look at things like email replies, any images you've maybe saved etc., so that you can still read all the advice and support you've had along the way. And as way of also maybe seeing what things were like for you and how far you've come - exactly like you've talked about.

Hope that helps!

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Crashing
    littlelilypad / Aug 12 2019 8.28

woopee does that mean you can still talk to councillors about things

5. Prisoner
    SlayerOfTheNorth / Aug 16 2019 10.50

Not sure about that one Lilly..

I'm glad i still have 6 years!

- Maddie, 13

6. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Sep 19 2019 11.44

Hi Littlelilypad

Sorry its taken a little while to reply - whilst you will still have access to your account once you turn 19, you wouldn't be able to talk to the counsellors like you had before - however there are other services similar to Childline where you will be able to get counselling support in a similar way.

Many people find that when they reach 19, they are ready to use adult counselling services and we support people who will soon be 19 to think about where they can go for support next so hopefully you will all feel really prepared when the time comes.

Take care

Mel-Host

7. Childline Avatar
    Jas-Host / Aug 08 2019 18.45

Hi eleven-eleven-wishes,

Sorry that I didn't reply to you sooner. When you turn 19, while it's about not using your account to talk to the counsellors or to post anything, you should still have access to it

That's about being able to look at things like email replies, any images you've maybe saved etc., so that you can still read all the advice and support you've had along the way. And as way of also maybe seeing what things were like for you and how far you've come - exactly like you've talked about.

Hope that helps!

Take care,

Jas-Host

eleven-eleven-wishes / Sep 28 2019 16.02

hi jas!

that's awesome!! thank-you for letting me know

8. Childline Avatar
    Childline-Host / Sep 19 2019 11.44

Hi Littlelilypad

Sorry its taken a little while to reply - whilst you will still have access to your account once you turn 19, you wouldn't be able to talk to the counsellors like you had before - however there are other services similar to Childline where you will be able to get counselling support in a similar way.

Many people find that when they reach 19, they are ready to use adult counselling services and we support people who will soon be 19 to think about where they can go for support next so hopefully you will all feel really prepared when the time comes.

Take care

Mel-Host

Monty- / Oct 29 2019 15.23

Hi

Can i ask, when you say you can still access your account, does that mean you can still post on the message boards? Can you still use your locker?? Can you still get notifications???

Sorry its a month late but im 18 and now I'm worried and confused.

I'd really appreciate a reply from you, thanks,

-Monty Xx

9. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Oct 29 2019 17.30

Hi Monty-,

Access means that you will still be able to see everything in your locker, so email replies to maybe look back on the advice or support in them and to see anything you've maybe saved too.

Childline is here right up until you turn 19 but after that, you aren't able to post on the boards. This Link tells you about other places you might want to have a look at who can offer similar but in a way that can be more suited to some of the things that can change when you are a bit older.

Take care,

Jas-Host

10. Childline Avatar
    Jas-Host / Oct 29 2019 17.30

Hi Monty-,

Access means that you will still be able to see everything in your locker, so email replies to maybe look back on the advice or support in them and to see anything you've maybe saved too.

Childline is here right up until you turn 19 but after that, you aren't able to post on the boards. This Link tells you about other places you might want to have a look at who can offer similar but in a way that can be more suited to some of the things that can change when you are a bit older.

Take care,

Jas-Host

Hoeargbbk / Feb 18 2020 0.52

hello, one of the counsellors told me in a email that when you turn 19 your account may be deleted? im teriffied of that happening, because ive recieved some really helpful emails so i really dont want to lose them.

i hope my account can stay, i understand not being able to post stuff but i really dont want to lose the emails ive gotten from counsellors

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything