I regret sending nudes

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary38867054 / May 22 2019 18.45

I'm 16 and I have been sending nudes to people, sometimes older than me. My face wasn't in the photos at any point and I didn't say my real name or tell them my age. I did it because at the time I liked being complimented about my body but now I'm not sure why I ever did it and I feel sick to my stomach because I have recently been reading about the legal consequences and I'm so so scared. I don't know if the pictures were posted on the Internet but all I do know is I regret it with my whole being and I will never, ever do it again for as long as I live. That is a promise. I dont know what to do and I'm terrified that a horrible decision could land me in prison. Help :((

2. Coolcat

I'm 16 and I have been sending nudes to people, sometimes older than me. My face wasn't in the photos at any point and I didn't say my real name or tell them my age. I did it because at the time I liked being complimented about my body but now I'm not sure why I ever did it and I feel sick to my stomach because I have recently been reading about the legal consequences and I'm so so scared. I don't know if the pictures were posted on the Internet but all I do know is I regret it with my whole being and I will never, ever do it again for as long as I live. That is a promise. I dont know what to do and I'm terrified that a horrible decision could land me in prison. Help :((

NamLee / Jun 01 2019 1.03

I personally haven’t sent any but bear with!

From my experiences with my male and female classmates, the idea of sharing nudes is considered almost a taboo for kids in school. You were smart not to tell any personal details about yourself and you can feel safe knowing that there is no way to identify it being you In those photos. Regret is a part of human nature and it is how we evolved to be what we are today and sometimes we have to make bad decisions in order to realise that’s what they are- mistakes. But in the future, you will realise these events have helped shape you and that if you didn’t do that, you may never have been where you are today. I wouldn’t worry about being sent somewhere as sending nudes is not a major criminal offence. You will not serve time or receive any sex offenders stuff unless you have done something a bit worse :) My advice to you is to delete any accounts or block anybody who tries to gain that kind of material. You do not need to feel guilty about it at all! It can be hard nowadays with everybody trying to force each other into moulds (English) but every form has a kind of unique beauty that another can never replicate, whether it be skin tone, texture eyes hands or even just a finger nail. It is something you and only you can have! Remember that this mistake doesn’t own you and that you have a right to push this guilt away :))

Stay safe and stay true to the promise!!

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary68313291 / Jun 02 2019 1.17

I realised I have made a huge mistake and before I have sent many different boys nudes on many occasions and have also told them personal information/ details about myself and they keep asking but I’m scared now to say no as I have said yes before won’t they hate me for it? I don’t know what to do please help..

4. Childline Avatar
    r1-h1gdem / May 07 2020 11.22

I've been dumb and have got catfished at school what do I do? They used to be my friends but now I got some proper friends but my old friends have exposed the photo. It doesn't show me in it just a photo of my penis. Will this effect my career?

I get some dark thoughts from it sometimes - I don't mind everyone seeing the picture but I don't want it going o the internet and I don't want any of my family to know what do I do

Im 14 btw

5. Childline Avatar

Temporary23886942 / Sep 02 2020 16.53

sending nudes will not get you in prison and most likely wont deny you a job. these are young mistakes we all learn from and your employer will respect that. this also wont get you kn the sex offenders. i wouldnt get too worried

6. Childline Avatar

ghostvfoxygirl / Sep 21 2020 7.29

I'm 15 I got threatened to send one I'm scared to go to school he was my old ex and only sent one and I deleted it but he saved it huh know I'm terrified who has he said sent 3000 people some people trying to help me to relax but I'm not I'm frightened I'm scared if anyone I know finds out or anything I'm just so scared.....

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything