family issues

This content might introduce themes and ideas that may be confusing or shocking if you have not experienced them before.   

Go to Bereavement

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Temporary07309858 / May 15 2019 21.16

my dads passed away recently and my sister drives me insane. She makes me go mad, she shouts and me, she hits walls, she hits herself and blames me for everything. My mum tried her best, but ends up making the situation worse and i’m stuck in the middle. My dad wouldn’t have solved the problem but it would have helped him being there. And i miss him so much, it’s not fair

2. Childline Avatar
    sophie-louise2019 / May 19 2019 20.15

Hey,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad passing. I hope you're holding up alright? I can only imagine how hard this is on you, and you're right - it isn't fair. I'm sorry to hear you're finding things tricky with your other family members, but you have to remember they're grieving too. I'm sure if you give it time, things should smooth out. You all just need to learn how to live as a family unit, after the loss of your dad. It's going to be hard, and it's such an awful thing to happen soI really feel for you, but it will feel better some day. I promise.

For now, I'm here to talk about anything you like, if it helps. Take care, and be kind to yourself during this difficult time. You need to take it easy and give yourself a chance to process everything and adjust.

Stay strong, Sophie x

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary07309858 / May 15 2019 21.16

my dads passed away recently and my sister drives me insane. She makes me go mad, she shouts and me, she hits walls, she hits herself and blames me for everything. My mum tried her best, but ends up making the situation worse and i’m stuck in the middle. My dad wouldn’t have solved the problem but it would have helped him being there. And i miss him so much, it’s not fair

FindingHope12345 / May 31 2019 23.08

Don’t worry I’ve been going through the same thing but differently my mom has passed away and since then my life has been sf complicated I’ve tried to commit suicide many times so since my mom passed away my brother has been blaming my dad for everything he’s been hitting walls hitting me sometimes , and being aggressive and rude , he always says he’s wanting to kill himself although no one has done anything to him , I tell my dad to get him to a mental hospital but he doesn’t which makes the situation worse because we’ve tried everything to make him happy but nothin works all I can think of my future is one without my dad and siblings because we could be separated if my dad passed away because of him because of how sensitive my dad is and hes already got a illness because of him and the stress he goes through because of him

Don’t worry your not alone ♥️ I always keep reminding myself there are people having a worse life out there you should too , and when I wanted to kill myself I thought at the last moment to never give up so I didn’t give up still not

Stay strong and get through because it won’t last ♥️

4. Childline Avatar
    Flumpybutterfly / May 20 2020 22.35

hey guys, last year my mum had a stroke and she lost her speech and her hearing in her left ear and her sight in her right eye, things have been difficult for me at home, my mum gets frustrated when she tries to say what she needs to but fails to get it out, and she gets aggressive towards me and my little brother, i often get stuck looking after my three year old brother as my mum is incapable of looking after us both at the same time and needs a lot of rest, ive been dealing with some sort of trauma thing where i keep having repeated flashbacks of when i first saw my mum get taken to hospital in an ambulance and when she had a seizure for the first time and i had to help her and keep my little brother safe at the same time. My dad is a drug addict, and he has been for the past 3-4 years since my brother was born. Hes been very depressed but is refusing to tell us why, he gets very paranoid easily and his drug use is giving him mild psychosis, hes tried killing himself twice since my mum became sick and today was his second time. He is currently in hospital and waiting for further treatment. i feel like im slowly slipping away, like i just want to wake up from all this. I know life isnt easy but i never once expected it to be as hard as it is, looking after both parents aswell as myself and my brother plus doing my education, it scares me being at school, because i have panic attacks about life at home when im not there, my mum has no way of communicating to authorities if something were to happen and my brother is just simply too young to even understand how to talk properly or even use a phone.

-thank you guys for letting me vent.

5. Childline Avatar
    hah13425 / Jun 04 2020 11.56

I lost my dad too just 3 weeks ago and my sister is also driving me insane! Things are very tough so i have moved away and living back with my mum. my sister is handling things in a completely different way putting strain on our relationship so its best for us to be distant for now. its comforting to know that youre not alone. i hope things get better. time is the best medicine when it comes to situations like this. stay strong ❤️

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything