I don't get privacy

Show
  1. Wallflower
    Ffionthefish / May 08 2019 3.10

I'm 13. And don't have social media. I recently wrote a letter on my phone about how I feel. My brother felt the need to search it when I was in the shower(my phone was on my bed) he says I don't own anything and he even put parental settings on my phone so I can't have social media or even update YouTube! I feel trapped because I don't feel like I get privacy because I always feel spied on. :(

2. Bookworm
    Raven23247 / Jun 03 2019 22.20

i get it. my mother serches my room on a weekly bases or just when she feels like it really. :( it‘s hard but just hang in there, they cant control you for forever

3. Childline Avatar
    Otaku-san / Jul 17 2019 21.36

Same here, my dad putted stuff in my phone now I cant open safari or appstore and they always check my browser history. I am not allowed on social media too. My mum even went through my whatsup chats when I was sleeping . My parents always say that there should be no secrets between the child and the parents so no privacy till i'm 18. Honestly I see them more like prison guards than parents.

4. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Jul 18 2019 12.29

Hi everyone

Thank you all for taking the time to post. It seems like it can feel really frustrating when parents put rules in place, it’s great you have come to talk this through here.

Does anyone have any tips for coping with the rules that parents put in place? It would be great to hear any tips you have.

Take care

Mel-Host

5. Superstar
    Lexi-J / Jul 19 2019 8.41

This is what it was like for me. My dad and his partner always checked my devices. I wasn't allowed social media until I was 15. I was grounded for 6 months once - at the start of a relationship - because he knew I'd walked away from where I had said I would be when hanging out with my girlfriend. And somehow he knew that. They looked through all my notebooks, my journals and school books. I had zero privacy. And that was so hard for me especially since I was trying to figure out my sexuality without them knowing.

Things do change. I promise. I don't live with them anymore. They messed up so bad that I don't even want to see them again. But things can change and it won't always get worse. You're parents might just be extremely, uneccessarily worried about what social media will do to you. Because it does change people whether you want to believe it or not. Take it from someone who has deen the good and bad of social media.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything