Show
  1. Bursting
    Nike57 / Apr 26 2019 22.47

Im in year 6 and will b doing STATS soon. Not sure what its like can i please get some advice? thanks.

2. Mouse
    N1cknAmeo5 / Apr 28 2019 1.18

Hi. I am in year 9 so I did these tests almost 3 years ago. For me, doing practise papers and questions really helped me revise because I learnt how to answer questions properly. Hope this helped!

3. Coolcat

Im in year 6 and will b doing STATS soon. Not sure what its like can i please get some advice? thanks.

Needaname / Apr 28 2019 3.39

They’re not scary at all. If you do well in school then you’ll do okay. I’m in year 10 and so I have already sat mine and my practice exams. All I can say is study

4. Bookworm
    Cazgiraffe / Apr 28 2019 7.02

Not at all! It won't be unless you worry too much x

Teachers put on pressure because it makes the school look good but they don't do anything! I got really high SATS results and now my target grades for GCSEs are too high so don't worry if you don't do as well as you thought.

Feel free to ask more questions x I did mine in 2016 ish so I might of forgot but will help if I can

5. Bursting
    Nike57 / Apr 28 2019 22.30

Thanks guys that really helped me not to feel to worried even though u passed yours years ago. Ill just try do my best since its only in three weeks👍

6. Scientist

Tactless / Apr 28 2019 23.06

Hey. I did mine back in 2012 (I think?) and now I do a lot of maths tutoring for kids in yr6 and the best thing u can do is practice but try and stay calm. They aren’t as big a deal as ur teachers will make them out to be. Biggest tip tho: make sure to always read the question carefully. Don’t skim thru cause that’s how u make stupid mistakes. Good luck!!

7. Artist
    Kay2018 / Apr 29 2019 0.15

Hey there!

SATS is used primarily as a method of baseline examinations for secondary school, meaning that it won't affect you in the long run. They will use the tests to ensure that you are put into a class with people of similar abilities.

A lot of secondary schools recognise the pressure that children, such as yourself, are put under in order to sit their SATS. As such, a lot of secondary schools now hold their own, more informal, set of exams to test your ability.

SATS aren't scary, they're only testing you on what you've been taught so far in your education.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Kieran

8. Wallflower

Me-12345 / May 11 2019 8.56

dont stress the marks are for your school go give to your secondary school and really dont effect much

9. Bursting
    Nike57 / May 12 2019 19.46

BTW the SATS r in a day so wish me an everyone who is doing it luck

10. Coolcat

intelligirl / May 17 2019 18.37

Hi i am in year 7 and i did my SATS last year. Trust me, the teachers are making it look so important but it really isn’t. Getting a bad grade is ok, but you should still try. Sats are to assess how well the school has taught you. You shouldn’t stress but if you’re getting family pressure you should take deep breaths. If youre anxious about the questions they arent that hard its no bummer seriously

11. Bookworm
    Cazgiraffe / May 20 2019 8.02

Well done! I hope you did really well, you deserve it x

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything