I’m Muslim, not a terrorist

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Allison3 / Apr 16 2019 23.24

I’ve had enough. prople think im a terrorist coz im muslim. quick background story: im a shia muslim, raised since i was 3 in britain and from the middle east. i also wear a hijab and people think this makes me dangerous. my hijab symbolises peace and beauty, not a bomb or a gun. i have had to many islamaphobic people come my way and its made me want to cry. i hate it. i hate that people think im dangerous or a hazard. people dont consider me as normal and dont know im an average kid with hopes and dreams of becoming a judge. i hate that people are still being stereotypical and its made me not want to go out . im treated differently. im muslim not and terrorist. im only human. should i apoligse for being muslim or being human? coz if i do, im sorry to all the islamaphobic people out there, that terrorists consider themselves muslims, but they are cruel humans who deserve to rot in hell forever. im sorry.

2. Butterfly
    star3460 / Apr 17 2019 13.31

Hi, Allison3

there are horrible and mean people out there who will judge people by what they look like, their religion, how they dress, .etc. but, sadly there isn't really a way to stop them so my advice to you is to just ignore them and smile and hope they stop. Maybe if you try to explain how your hijab symbolises peace and beauty and how wearing it doesn't make you a terrorist. I'm not a Muslim so I don't completely understand what it's actually like to be called a terrorist but people have called me a pig, ugly and stupid because I'm an athiest and said that I'm going to hell. I just try to ignore them and don't let what they said get to me. hope this helped

xxx

3. Sheep

I’ve had enough. prople think im a terrorist coz im muslim. quick background story: im a shia muslim, raised since i was 3 in britain and from the middle east. i also wear a hijab and people think this makes me dangerous. my hijab symbolises peace and beauty, not a bomb or a gun. i have had to many islamaphobic people come my way and its made me want to cry. i hate it. i hate that people think im dangerous or a hazard. people dont consider me as normal and dont know im an average kid with hopes and dreams of becoming a judge. i hate that people are still being stereotypical and its made me not want to go out . im treated differently. im muslim not and terrorist. im only human. should i apoligse for being muslim or being human? coz if i do, im sorry to all the islamaphobic people out there, that terrorists consider themselves muslims, but they are cruel humans who deserve to rot in hell forever. im sorry.

-Heavy- / Apr 20 2019 23.12

I’m truly sorry for what you’ve been going through. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for you and how upsetting it must be.

4. Childline Avatar

1Micah / May 06 2019 7.58

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with this. I'm not muslim so I dont know what its like. My advise is to tell someone you trust like a teacher, parent or school councellor.

5. Bookworm
    chairleg7 / May 06 2019 21.31

I'm Christian and although I've never been called a terrorist but I've had many stereotypical comments beause I'm trans. I knowhow awful it is and i suggest you try to walk away before you fight back. Explaining helps too. I'm sick of explaining that being trans isn't a choice. We are all humans and we all deserve to be treated equally. I hope this helps. From Charlie.

6. Coolcat

intelligirl / May 19 2019 16.12

Hi I am a Sunni and I hate terrorists. In my area there ain’t too much islamophobia but I’ve seen bus drivers treating me badder than the other people who don’t wear hijab. My tips is keep your head up and be proud to be muslim

7. Fixer
    Lifelemon / Sep 04 2021 1.48

As a Muslim who also living in Britain (from Pakistan) I can say I do get a lot of “when you blowing up the school” and “hey can you blow someone up” it’s hurts a lot I know but where I’ve been bullied for other reasons in the past I used my sense of humour to deal like someone would ask one of the last 2 “jokes” and I’d respond “shut up or I’ll blow you up” but what ever you do don’t do that it only makes people think it’s ok to make those kind of jokes but it’s not just try to hang in there try get someone who can help involved

8. Contemplator
    BuddyBooToYou / Sep 07 2021 20.06

I know it can sometimes feel helpless. I'm Muslim too. But I have found some friends who support me and are really nice. I just wanted you to remember you're not alone and hopefully one day you can find someone who will help support you.

Buddy

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything