feeling bad about feeling good?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    -Isobel- / Apr 05 2019 21.55

I have depression and my parents and school have been really supportive. I do three day weeks, reduced GCSE's and I can leave class whenever i feel like i need to. as a result of this i end up feeling bad when im happy because i feel like im lying to everyone. i feel like as soon as i feel even a little bit happy i dont deserve all the help i get and im a fraud. i dont know how to get better if my brain is constantly sabotaging me with this imposter syndrome bs

2. Bookworm
    AsUniqueAsUknow / Apr 11 2019 17.09

If you're depressed and even a bit happy, that's great! Remember, all the support they are giving you is meant to make you feel happy. You shouldn't feel bad that you're feeling better because their support is meant to make you feel better. I get what you're going through, though. When I'm upset and people are dead supportive to me, I sometimes feel like this, too.

Coming from a twelve-year old girl who has had a terrible day so please don't judge what I'm saying.

3. Prisoner
    LotusPetals / Apr 14 2019 16.04

Remember that all the help you have gotten is there to help you be happy. So if you are happy you're getting better.

Hopefully you get better at dealing with your imposter syndrome.

4. Heart
    -Isobel- / Apr 05 2019 21.55

I have depression and my parents and school have been really supportive. I do three day weeks, reduced GCSE's and I can leave class whenever i feel like i need to. as a result of this i end up feeling bad when im happy because i feel like im lying to everyone. i feel like as soon as i feel even a little bit happy i dont deserve all the help i get and im a fraud. i dont know how to get better if my brain is constantly sabotaging me with this imposter syndrome bs

ZBeeBuzz / May 20 2019 16.35

I feel the same way but try remember that If you were lying why would you be having help and people are trying to make you feel happy so that’s a good thing ! 😊

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything