Nice and mean mum

Show
  1. Coolcat
    Supertrooperduperlol / Aug 11 2018 21.03

Hey,

Ive read loads of threads about parents and families and i could never find one that matches my situation. Basically my mums a single parent and i guess she nice. But she can be like the most kindest and gentlest mum in the world and then she can be mean, manipluative and horriblest mum ever. I understand she has a lot of stress from her job and with her having a disability it doesnt help because shes tired and angry. But i dont know why she takes it out on me? I do naughty things and i talk back, im not the perfect child, i try to be but its so hard when shes constantly acting like a child towards me. She talks back to me, mutters as she walks away and calls me every horrible name known, even when i was little. She does all the things she punishes me for doing, but i dont understand why she feels like its okay to treat me with such utter disrespect and hit me but then i cant talk back to her otherwise she’ll scream and swear at me.

If anyone has got parents like this or has any advice please reply, Im finding it really hard x

- Super :)

2. Childline Avatar

Hey,

Ive read loads of threads about parents and families and i could never find one that matches my situation. Basically my mums a single parent and i guess she nice. But she can be like the most kindest and gentlest mum in the world and then she can be mean, manipluative and horriblest mum ever. I understand she has a lot of stress from her job and with her having a disability it doesnt help because shes tired and angry. But i dont know why she takes it out on me? I do naughty things and i talk back, im not the perfect child, i try to be but its so hard when shes constantly acting like a child towards me. She talks back to me, mutters as she walks away and calls me every horrible name known, even when i was little. She does all the things she punishes me for doing, but i dont understand why she feels like its okay to treat me with such utter disrespect and hit me but then i cant talk back to her otherwise she’ll scream and swear at me.

If anyone has got parents like this or has any advice please reply, Im finding it really hard x

Jellyfish2367 / Aug 12 2018 14.25

hey, im sorry your going through this, is tyere anyway you could talk to someone. about your mum because she really shouldnt be hitting you or saying horrid things to you because no ine has the right to do that and maybe you could get skme support from someone that you trust and you could het some help. im sorry i dont really have a lot of advice or tips for you but i hope this helps a littlexxx

3. Childline Avatar
    Temporary61853975 / Aug 13 2018 10.55

its the exact same with my mum. i have a sister, shes 11. my mum never takes anything out on her. if the house is messy i get screamed at but it would be everyones mess. and when i talk back she will either hit me or scream and storm off calling me horrible names she always has to have the last word. i dont exactly have any advice because im going through the same thing just know ur not alone :)

4. Childline Avatar

Hey,

CloudyJoggingGoose5214 / Sep 05 2021 9.51

hi,

i get you. my mum is very similar and she calls me horible things. my mum and dad broke up abd i live with my mum. we are always arguing and up until 2 on a school night still shouting. i want to live with my dad but i dont think she woukd take it easy.

she will tell me of for little things and i can take it anymore. i am stressed. i want to live with my dad but then again my mum is ill. she has cancer and tells me that she is not going to have chemo becuase us arguing is not worth her living.

i really want to sort this out and again our situations are very similar

x

D

5. Nose dive
    GenderFluidCheese / Sep 26 2021 0.28

I relate so much. My mom will go from lovely kind mom to screaming, swearing mom.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything