Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Satorii / Jul 08 2018 23.18

right idk how this would work and if it would wven work but when im waiting fir the chat i always think is it worth waiting or should i just go to bed as most if the time i do it at night the day before school ehat would be cool is if there was some sort of thing ehich said where you were in the queue like 5/10 and how many counselera were currently online so you have that but more insentive to saty and wait. im nkt sure how the order works and if some poeple get priority if there acvount is flagged or soemthing because what theyve said on message boards or if they ahvent used it much but it might be iseful to some people

2. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Jul 09 2018 14.29

Hi Satorii

Thanks for sharing your idea, we really like to hear all your feedback and pass it on to make sure the service works in a way that feels right for you.

I can really see how this would be helpful to know, however because the queue times can change so quickly the information you are given might quickly become incorrect. For example we have groups of counsellors starting or ending their shifts at the same time, so this can change the availability of counsellors in a really short space of time, which might really change how long you have to wait.

It might be that you really needed to talk but one minute it looked like there was a long queue, but actually a new shift of counsellors could have started and 4 or 5 people might be taken out of the queue at the same time which might mean your wait is a lot shorter and you could have spoken to someone.

When you do come through for a chat, you do just enter a queue regardless of who you are or what your account says. We do not prioritise anyone on the chat system.

It would be great to hear what other people think of this too.

Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Take care

Mel-Host

3. Childline Avatar
    Satorii / Jul 08 2018 23.18

right idk how this would work and if it would wven work but when im waiting fir the chat i always think is it worth waiting or should i just go to bed as most if the time i do it at night the day before school ehat would be cool is if there was some sort of thing ehich said where you were in the queue like 5/10 and how many counselera were currently online so you have that but more insentive to saty and wait. im nkt sure how the order works and if some poeple get priority if there acvount is flagged or soemthing because what theyve said on message boards or if they ahvent used it much but it might be iseful to some people

Amey12 / Oct 14 2020 17.31

i also think the same

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything