Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Cubble / Apr 19 2018 8.30

I was walking in the streets in Oxford, when I saw a man shouting at a woman in a hijab. I couldn't catch what he was saying, but it sounded aggressive. I did nothing. And I am so guilty. I’m only 11 but that doesn’t matter.

I have no religion (including atheism) because I believe that I will never know. I also believe that there is a seed of truth in every religion or belief.

But this was awful. I wanted to tell that man that we don’t know this woman. She is probably a lovely, kind,intelligent, strong person. She may be horrible. But that has NOTHING to do with her religion.

2. Bookworm
    Bookworm64 / Apr 20 2018 17.30

Hi,

You are so right, that poor woman! However you should NOT feel guilty, you are just a child and he was a fully grown man, intervening could have been dangerous for you and while we should always be kind and helpful, safety should come first in most situations. On the other hand, if you see or hear something at school or even if someone makes an offensive joke you should step in as these kinds of comments really hurt (I’m Jewish so I’ve experienced these kind of mean “jokes” before and they are so upsetting).

Thanks,💙💙

3. Childline Avatar
    Cubble / Apr 20 2018 21.34

Thank you so much for replying- I really appreciate it. I'm sorry you had to experience those jokes and I will definitely step in because that kind of thing should NOT be happening. Elsa

4. Bookworm
    Bookworm64 / Apr 21 2018 20.57

Hi Elsa,

I’m glad that you found my reply helpful! I’m here if you ever need to chat🙂.

Leah❤️❤️

5. Childline Avatar
    Cubble / Apr 26 2018 17.01

Thank you so much

6. Childline Avatar
    Cubble / Apr 26 2018 17.01

Thank you so much

7. Childline Avatar
    MurshI / Jan 14 2021 11.24

Hello. Im a British muslim (my parents are from Sri Lanka.) Ive seen so many Islamphobic things on Social Media about my religion. This is mostly from adults who are claiming they know everything about islam when everything they are saying is false. I am 12 years old and i wear the hijab. I get the bus to school and im getting more and more scared to go outside because of the amount of islamphobia in the world. Im trying to be proud of my hijab and my religion but its hard. especially at school.

8. Artist
    MurshI / Jan 14 2021 11.24

Hello. Im a British muslim (my parents are from Sri Lanka.) Ive seen so many Islamphobic things on Social Media about my religion. This is mostly from adults who are claiming they know everything about islam when everything they are saying is false. I am 12 years old and i wear the hijab. I get the bus to school and im getting more and more scared to go outside because of the amount of islamphobia in the world. Im trying to be proud of my hijab and my religion but its hard. especially at school.

cokieeees-123 / Aug 02 2021 20.11

As-salam alaykum (I'm muslim too!)

I personally think you are super brave and you are doing great by wearing hijab, I would really like to wear one Insha'Allah, although I know that it is difficult.

And as you say, yes, it is hard. But seriously, I think we should try hard to be ourselves and be proud of ourselves too.

In your place I would also feel very scared, but I want to say that trough all hardships remember that we are doing good for ourselves and that Allah SWT will always be with us.

Please keep going! I'm proud of you, and so should you.

A big big hug from a sister! JazakAllah Khair, and may Allah grant you ease in this.

9. Fixer
    Lifelemon / Sep 04 2021 1.54

As a Pakistani Muslim living in England I can say it’s horrible what some people do to Muslims I mean I’ve had death threats offers to blow something up all sorts it’s just horrible I hate it

Imran

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything