I don't know what to do anymore...

Show
  1. Burying
    TiredFlower03 / Mar 06 2018 23.23

Hi,

I don't really know how this works or if this is the right category but I've been feeling completely overwhelmed lately. I'm currently battling with anxiety, depression and panic attacks and it's just getting worse.

I'm at breaking point and can barely make it through the day without completely breaking down into tears and it's literally tearing my life apart. When I'm not in school, I'm in bed and am always tired despite sleeping around 11 hours a day.

On top of it all, I am having to be my friends counsellor -I guess that's the right word- and I can barely cope with my own problems let alone have theirs to deal with and sort as well.

I'm sorry for the bad explanation but I'm not good with words. I have no idea how to help myself and just wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice?

Thank you in advance,

TiredFlower03

2. Seeker
    EasyClap727PP / Mar 07 2018 16.37

Hey! It sounds like your having a really bad time right now.

First of all, have you told anyone? It might make you feel better. You could talk to a parent, teacher or even a Childline counsellor. Or you could try writing down how you feel.

If you always feel tired despite getting 11 hours of sleep, it could be your constant stress and panic. It wouldn't be your sleep, as 11 hours is good!

You can learn more about stress here: https://childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/coping-with-stress/ and more about panic attacks here: https://childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/about-panic-attacks/.

I'm wondering if you have to be your friends counsellor, or if they just come to you when they feel bad? If they just come to you when they feel bad, you could try asking them for a break. If you have to be your friends counsellor, you could try talking about it with the person that asked you to become the counsellor.

Also, you said you had to sort out their problems too. Again, if they only come to you when they feel bad, your giving yourself too much work to handle. I know exactly what this feels like, so your not alone. You could ask them to try talking to a teacher to sort it out themselves.

If you ever feel like your going to cry during a leson, you could ask for a minute outside to calm down.

I hope you are able to get better!

3. Childline Avatar
    TiredFlower03 / Mar 06 2018 23.23

Hi,

I don't really know how this works or if this is the right category but I've been feeling completely overwhelmed lately. I'm currently battling with anxiety, depression and panic attacks and it's just getting worse.

I'm at breaking point and can barely make it through the day without completely breaking down into tears and it's literally tearing my life apart. When I'm not in school, I'm in bed and am always tired despite sleeping around 11 hours a day.

On top of it all, I am having to be my friends counsellor -I guess that's the right word- and I can barely cope with my own problems let alone have theirs to deal with and sort as well.

I'm sorry for the bad explanation but I'm not good with words. I have no idea how to help myself and just wanted to see if anyone could give me some advice?

Thank you in advance,

TiredFlower03

oneextremetoanother / Mar 08 2018 20.59

Hello,

The first thing I would suggest is maybe to explain to your friend that you are battling mental health yourself at the moment and need to take care of yourself before other people.

What you are going through seems very draining. Maybe you could go see a GP? You deserve to be happy and if there is a treatment option then I would go for it. The hard part is opening up but once you have done it, it will be worth it.

Take care,

Tia

4. Burying
    EasyClap727PP / Mar 07 2018 16.37

Hey! It sounds like your having a really bad time right now.

First of all, have you told anyone? It might make you feel better. You could talk to a parent, teacher or even a Childline counsellor. Or you could try writing down how you feel.

If you always feel tired despite getting 11 hours of sleep, it could be your constant stress and panic. It wouldn't be your sleep, as 11 hours is good!

You can learn more about stress here: https://childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/coping-with-stress/ and more about panic attacks here: https://childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/about-panic-attacks/.

I'm wondering if you have to be your friends counsellor, or if they just come to you when they feel bad? If they just come to you when they feel bad, you could try asking them for a break. If you have to be your friends counsellor, you could try talking about it with the person that asked you to become the counsellor.

Also, you said you had to sort out their problems too. Again, if they only come to you when they feel bad, your giving yourself too much work to handle. I know exactly what this feels like, so your not alone. You could ask them to try talking to a teacher to sort it out themselves.

If you ever feel like your going to cry during a leson, you could ask for a minute outside to calm down.

I hope you are able to get better!

TiredFlower03 / Mar 09 2018 16.44

Hi,

Yes I am working with a teacher at school but a lot of the time I have to wait a while to see him as he is very busy most of the time.

I think you are right about the friend, it only seems to be when they are feeling bad and want to talk that they come to me, I would feel guilty if they felt really bad and I'd told them to leave me alone, is it better to pretend I'm okay and carry on helping them?

And thank you for the advice on lessons, I will try that in future :)

Thank you again,

TiredFlower03

5. Burying
    oneextremetoanother / Mar 08 2018 20.59

Hello,

The first thing I would suggest is maybe to explain to your friend that you are battling mental health yourself at the moment and need to take care of yourself before other people.

What you are going through seems very draining. Maybe you could go see a GP? You deserve to be happy and if there is a treatment option then I would go for it. The hard part is opening up but once you have done it, it will be worth it.

Take care,

Tia

TiredFlower03 / Mar 09 2018 16.49

Hi,

I have spoken to the friend about it in the past but they maybe don't understand how bad it is that I am feeling as they never leave me alone.

I have spoken to my doctor and a teacher at school but the doctor said they couldn't really help me until I am older. The teacher is very good at helping me when I am very low and good at helping me come up with ways to feel better or just have a chat when I'm feeling good but unfortunately isn't around much as he is very busy in his job.

Thank you for your response,

TiredFlower03

6. Seeker
    TiredFlower03 / Mar 09 2018 16.44

Hi,

Yes I am working with a teacher at school but a lot of the time I have to wait a while to see him as he is very busy most of the time.

I think you are right about the friend, it only seems to be when they are feeling bad and want to talk that they come to me, I would feel guilty if they felt really bad and I'd told them to leave me alone, is it better to pretend I'm okay and carry on helping them?

And thank you for the advice on lessons, I will try that in future :)

Thank you again,

TiredFlower03

EasyClap727PP / Mar 09 2018 19.34

Hey!

Your very welcome for the advice!

And if you do feel guilty, you could ask your friend to talk to someone else like a teacher or another friend? But, if you really do want to continue to help them, that's fine, but it might make you feel worse.

7. Burying
    EasyClap727PP / Mar 09 2018 19.34

Hey!

Your very welcome for the advice!

And if you do feel guilty, you could ask your friend to talk to someone else like a teacher or another friend? But, if you really do want to continue to help them, that's fine, but it might make you feel worse.

TiredFlower03 / Mar 09 2018 21.21

Hi,

Thank you so much! I think I will ask them to speak to another friend for a while, it's not that I don't want to help them but I think you're right that it'll make me feel worse. I have ended up in tears after talking to them so I think I do need to stop for a while even if I don't want to...

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my messages :)

TiredFlower03

8. Childline Avatar
    TiredFlower03 / Mar 09 2018 16.49

Hi,

I have spoken to the friend about it in the past but they maybe don't understand how bad it is that I am feeling as they never leave me alone.

I have spoken to my doctor and a teacher at school but the doctor said they couldn't really help me until I am older. The teacher is very good at helping me when I am very low and good at helping me come up with ways to feel better or just have a chat when I'm feeling good but unfortunately isn't around much as he is very busy in his job.

Thank you for your response,

TiredFlower03

oneextremetoanother / Mar 11 2018 18.59

Hi,

I would recommend telling them each time (gentle reminder) if they aren't listening.

Really?? This is so wrong. Maybe you could try and see a different doctor. I have an orthopaedic condition called miserable malalignment and its where my femurs are twisted inwards but my tibias are twisted outwards causing a lot of pain. I was wrongly diagnosed with growing pains for 11 years. I had to see a different doctor in order for someone to do something about it and to get a diagnosis. Maybe this is something you could try?

Take care,

TIa

9. Burying
    oneextremetoanother / Mar 11 2018 18.59

Hi,

I would recommend telling them each time (gentle reminder) if they aren't listening.

Really?? This is so wrong. Maybe you could try and see a different doctor. I have an orthopaedic condition called miserable malalignment and its where my femurs are twisted inwards but my tibias are twisted outwards causing a lot of pain. I was wrongly diagnosed with growing pains for 11 years. I had to see a different doctor in order for someone to do something about it and to get a diagnosis. Maybe this is something you could try?

Take care,

TIa

TiredFlower03 / Mar 11 2018 20.50

Hi,

Okay thanks for the advice, I will subtly mention it to them if I need them to leave me for a while.

And that sounds so horrible, I'm glad you have the right diagnosis now and hope you are getting better :) I think I will mention to my parents that I need to get a different doctor and see if they can help me now rather than later.

Thank you for the advice :)

TiredFlower03

10. Seeker
    TiredFlower03 / Mar 09 2018 21.21

Hi,

Thank you so much! I think I will ask them to speak to another friend for a while, it's not that I don't want to help them but I think you're right that it'll make me feel worse. I have ended up in tears after talking to them so I think I do need to stop for a while even if I don't want to...

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my messages :)

TiredFlower03

EasyClap727PP / Mar 14 2018 20.50

Hey!

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get told about it!

And that sucks that you started crying! Did they understand when you told them if they could talk to another teacher?

11. Burying
    EasyClap727PP / Mar 14 2018 20.50

Hey!

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get told about it!

And that sucks that you started crying! Did they understand when you told them if they could talk to another teacher?

TiredFlower03 / Mar 15 2018 21.01

Hi,

That's not a problem at all! thank you for replying

Yeah I think it's because I've got so much going on right now and talking with her about simple problems like not wanting to go to a lesson makes me feel like super bad as she has so little to deal with compared to me and it makes me feel worse about my own situation :(

I told her to do that and she did speak to a teacher but still runs to me when she needs help...

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything