We're looking for your views again!

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Feb 06 2018 16.51

Hi everyone,

We’re again looking for your help! Recently, you’ve told us what helps while you’re in the queue for a counsellor and now we’d love to hear all your views on the information page you see while you are in the chat waiting room.  It’s the page that includes top tips for using chat.

You can only see this page while you’re in the waiting room, so we know it might be hard to remember exactly what is there but we want to find out what is helpful, what’s maybe missing from that page and perhaps what you’d expect to find before a first chat.

And, as always, any other ideas and suggestions you have!

Thanks!

Jas-Host

2. Small
    Milaaaaaaa- / Feb 06 2018 17.16

i dont think theres anything bad about that page it can be useful the first time you go to have a chat with a counsellor i guess but i think they look boring and asif childline is telling you what to do not just advising so they could look nicer in different colours and boxes like the other pages do on here. things like the confidentialty promise in a box might be helpful to some people maybe if theyre worried and i think peoples positive feedback could be nice to see about their chats on that page to reasure someone if its their first chat from mila x

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Feb 07 2018 11.51

Hi Milaaaaaaa-,

Thanks for this! The positive feedback as reassurance is a really lovely idea!

It makes sense to think about colours and different boxes and we're really glad you've noticed that these are different on other pages on the site. Updating allows us to make things brighter and more noticeable for you all.

We really appreciate this!

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Fixer
    chocolatebubbles14 / Feb 07 2018 19.02

hiya,

i just want to say i LOVE the message boards, although its sad what people have to go through, its a really nice reminder that i am (or anyone is) NOT alone in things and it helps me to reflect and know that there are other people who have or understand the same issues that i have.

also... this may sound bad but being able to help other young people.... kinda helps me cause it makes me feel better in a way and as if i have potentially achieved something (im a failure and i think about it alot)

so thats what i wanted to say

and for all you people out there who are struggling.... it dosent matter what it is... u are NOT alone and there are always people there for you!!!

thanks,

M

5. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Feb 08 2018 11.13

Hi M,

We're so glad that you not only love the message boards but LOVE them! We completely agree - the boards show that other young people go through similar things and you can see what things have helped them or what they've maybe been trying.

And you can also help them out too - with a message to say hi, some tips or advice and it can really help you to feel better too! We're glad that you have this feeling. Being there for someone can make a difference and them being there for you too can really help to build up your confidence in yourself.

Thanks for reminding everyone that they are not alone!

Take care,

Jas-Host

6. Coolcat
    Kittensareawesome / Feb 11 2018 17.20

Perhaps you could have a textbox where we type in, and whatever we type gets saved and sent to the counsellor when we connect, as I have tried to write an email to a counsellor before and that failed because the counsellor connected to me before I sent the email.

This helps people stay longer because that will make up for the time that is wasted.

We should also be able to access the textbox even if we didn't get to answer the call. It could automatically be saved to our saved pages thing.

7. Coolcat
    Kittensareawesome / Feb 12 2018 14.51

Also you could try making the games more interesting, or consider putting other entertaining videos on this website (like animal videos or something like that, which is child appropriate), so that people stay on this site, as I think too many people end up getting distracted in the wait for a call and end up going on other websites, which isn't the most preferable option, because when they re-enter the chats, it makes it more crowded.

8. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Feb 13 2018 10.47

Hi Kittensareawesome

Thanks for your feedback and ideas!

The text box could be a really useful thing and having something to entertain while waiting is always a good option .

We really appreciate you taking the time to give some feedback!

Big thanks

Frankie Host

9. Lion
    HollyIsLiving / Feb 18 2018 7.47

Hi!

Maybe there could be a box where people could prepare what they're going to say if they are nervous or feel like they will struggle to explain how they're feeling or what's going on.

It could have questions which they answer and then it could all be put into a paragraph which is sent to the counsellor.

Thank you so much!

HollyIsLiving

10. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Feb 19 2018 15.15

Hi HollyIsLiving,

We know that so many can feel nervous or maybe not know how to start the conversation, so this could be a big help! Have you had the chance to select your mood before a chat begins and to share that with the counsellor? We wondered if that has helped at all to maybe start the chat off or let you feel more able to say what's been happening.

What kinds of question do you think might help you to make up this short paragraph? We'd love to hear any ideas!

Thanks for posting this!

Take care,

Jas-Host

11. Lion
    Jas-Host / Feb 19 2018 15.15

Hi HollyIsLiving,

We know that so many can feel nervous or maybe not know how to start the conversation, so this could be a big help! Have you had the chance to select your mood before a chat begins and to share that with the counsellor? We wondered if that has helped at all to maybe start the chat off or let you feel more able to say what's been happening.

What kinds of question do you think might help you to make up this short paragraph? We'd love to hear any ideas!

Thanks for posting this!

Take care,

Jas-Host

HollyIsLiving / Feb 19 2018 16.36

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

Some of the questions could maybe be:

What is happening?

How long has it been happening?

How does it make you feel?

This could maybe help get out all the information you want to share with the counsellor, so you don't miss anything out.

Hope this helps!

Thank you xx

HollyIsLiving

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything