Show
  1. Small
    MiawMiaw1234 / Jan 30 2018 18.11

In 2 months I do my SATs, and I am feeling really nervous. In the beginning of Y6 I was good at everything so all the teachers expect me to get over expected, but all the work is getting hard, and I feel like I am not doing my best anymore. During exams I always get nervous and paranoid that I wont do my best, and I feel like the SATs will be 100x worse.

I need advice on coping under pressure, anything would be appreciated.

thanks

2. Small
    MiawMiaw1234 / Jan 30 2018 18.11

In 2 months I do my SATs, and I am feeling really nervous. In the beginning of Y6 I was good at everything so all the teachers expect me to get over expected, but all the work is getting hard, and I feel like I am not doing my best anymore. During exams I always get nervous and paranoid that I wont do my best, and I feel like the SATs will be 100x worse.

I need advice on coping under pressure, anything would be appreciated.

thanks

flxralfantasies / Feb 02 2018 19.26

Hiya miawmiaw1234 last year I did my SATs and I Swear to god this is not fake, they are nothing to be worried about at all , if you did test weeks everyone and again at primary like I did, they are harder than SATs , I was super nervous as well but just take a deep breath before every hard question and just carry on , don't worry much and you'll do amazing , every night try treat yourself to calm down and/or go to bed about 10 mins earlier because if you worry late at night you will want the 10 mins in the morning so take my advice and don't worry!

flxralfantasies x

3. Dreamer
    Thundered51 / Feb 07 2018 22.35

SATs don't matter. They do not determine your future whatsoever and in years to come you'll barely remember them. Also they're pretty easy from what I remember lol.

4. Coolcat
    Pretzel-kitty / Feb 10 2018 12.30

Hiya,

I have done my SATs, so I know how you feel.. My first advice would be to get plenty of sleep ๐Ÿ›Œ, eat a healthy breakfast ๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿ“ (I found porridge and berries good!), and drink lots of water ๐Ÿ’ง. Also try and revise but take regular breaks so you donโ€™t tire yourself out. I bought some SATโ€™s revision books and they really helped ๐Ÿ“š! Exercise can help too, as it will help your body on the week! Listen to your teacher in lessons and take a deep breath before you start your SATโ€™s. I hope this helped and good luck!

Pretzel-kitty ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿฅจx

5. Wallflower
    BettyBoop54321 / Feb 11 2018 15.27

Hey! I'm in year 9, and I also found my SATs super stressful. My advice would be to study for them by looking at previous SATs papers, and if you can, get help from an adult like a teacher or family member. But try not to stress yourself out - trust me when I say that SATs do not affect your future at all! You will probably do more tests when you start secondary school, and those will determine your sets instead of your SATs result. But you're still allowed to feel nervous! Don't listen to people who tell you that it's silly or wrong to feel scared about them. Just study, get enough sleep and feel confident that you will be fine no matter what the results are.

6. Wallflower
    Megs13452 / Mar 01 2018 21.23

SATS DONT GO WITH U TO SECONDARY SKL!!!! i know!!! its true my mum works with someone who knows it

they only give u sats to promote the skl and honestly - there easy, teachers give u pratice tests 2ce as hard as the real thing!!!!!

still try ur best but dont put much pressure on urself, theyr only there 2 scare u

-M xx

7. Top dog
    Megs13452 / Mar 01 2018 21.23

SATS DONT GO WITH U TO SECONDARY SKL!!!! i know!!! its true my mum works with someone who knows it

they only give u sats to promote the skl and honestly - there easy, teachers give u pratice tests 2ce as hard as the real thing!!!!!

still try ur best but dont put much pressure on urself, theyr only there 2 scare u

-M xx

tea-and-biscuits / Mar 06 2018 19.21

This person is right!

8. Lion
    Bielly / May 06 2018 8.12

I am doling my SATs next week.(14/05/18 - 17/05/18) and I am super nervous. I dont feel the same as my year 2 SATs that I did. There are much more years to remember.To make it worse my school is chosen to do a science SATs test and I am scared . My teacher said about 10 children are chosen.Please may I get advice about the science SATs test and if you did it please can you expain to me jow it feels like.

9. Small
    Bielly / May 06 2018 8.12

I am doling my SATs next week.(14/05/18 - 17/05/18) and I am super nervous. I dont feel the same as my year 2 SATs that I did. There are much more years to remember.To make it worse my school is chosen to do a science SATs test and I am scared . My teacher said about 10 children are chosen.Please may I get advice about the science SATs test and if you did it please can you expain to me jow it feels like.

MiawMiaw1234 / May 06 2018 18.01

good luck! my teacher said we might have to do it, since we havent for three years.

but i have a secondary school transition evening in the 15th so ill have that to look forward to

10. Childline Avatar
    m20022 / May 08 2018 16.46

Hi! I just wanted to say that SATs do not matter at all in the future. They do not come around with you, as do they not define who you are. Don't stress yourself out too much about them and just try your hardest. Thats all you can do really! Good luck

11. Lion
    Bielly / Jun 19 2018 20.05

Thank you guys .I really appreciate it. It is now a long way from SATs and when I did it I felt normal except for the science one that I took even if I wasn't chosen to do the science test.I just cannot wait for my year 6 show. It is going to be the wolf's fotprint

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything