Setting and sharing goals

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jan 29 2018 14.07

Hi everyone,

Having realistic goals for what we want to do and what we want to achieve can be a really good way of keeping ourselves motivated.  Setting goals can help us to really think about how we feel and how we want things to be.

It can be about taking things slowly and setting something small for yourself each day, week or month to help when you feel like you want to do more.

So, we’d love to hear about the goals you all have, how you set them, what keeps you focused on them.  And anything else you’d all like to share!

We look forward to seeing all your posts!

Take care,

Jas-Host

2. Sheep
    EllatheAlpaca / Jan 29 2018 22.03

Hey!

I'm currently in Year 10 and right now ive started to become more considerate over the fact that i am taking triple science and that my GCSEs are approaching fast!

Ive set myself goals to revise the 23 physics equations i have to learn so that im not overwhelmed by everything 2 days before the exam!

I keep myself motivated by giving myself a reward afterwards (eg chocolate)

Revision isn't my strong point but hopefully ill keep it up!

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Jan 30 2018 16.29

Hi EllatheAlpaca,

It sounds like a great plan to have revision spaced out rather than maybe becoming overwhelmed.  It can be a really good idea to think about times and how long you maybe have and to think about what will help in the time before then.

A reward can make it all worthwhile too!

We're sure with an attitude like this you'll keep it up.  But no matter what, you can always use the boards for encouragement and inspiration too!

Thanks for posting this!

Jas-Host

4. Sheep
    EllatheAlpaca / Jan 30 2018 17.51

Thanks! Hopefully it will all pay off soon!

5. Sheep
    Shyperson-34 / Feb 10 2018 10.43

I want to be an actar when i grow up and last summer i was in a school putction so that really helped me to be the best i can be

6. Reaching out
    Shyperson-34 / Feb 10 2018 10.43

I want to be an actar when i grow up and last summer i was in a school putction so that really helped me to be the best i can be

Childline-Host / Feb 13 2018 12.13

Hi Shyperson-34

That's a great goal to have and getting involved in school productions is a fantastic way to work towards achieving this!

Keep up the good work

Thanks for posting this!

Frankie Host

7. Fixer
    -Aura- / Feb 19 2018 19.14

Hello!

I'm aiming for my Grade 8 Violin Exam for the Summer term this year. I hope I can do enough practise and get my standards up in time!

8. Childline Avatar
    -Aura- / Feb 19 2018 19.14

Hello!

I'm aiming for my Grade 8 Violin Exam for the Summer term this year. I hope I can do enough practise and get my standards up in time!

MattMatthew / Feb 24 2018 9.19

thats amazing well done!!

9. Childline Avatar
    MattMatthew / Feb 24 2018 9.20

my goal is to remember to take my medication because i keep forgetting

10. Outcast
    Jas-Host / Jan 29 2018 14.07

Hi everyone,

Having realistic goals for what we want to do and what we want to achieve can be a really good way of keeping ourselves motivated.  Setting goals can help us to really think about how we feel and how we want things to be.

It can be about taking things slowly and setting something small for yourself each day, week or month to help when you feel like you want to do more.

So, we’d love to hear about the goals you all have, how you set them, what keeps you focused on them.  And anything else you’d all like to share!

We look forward to seeing all your posts!

Take care,

Jas-Host

UserLPK / Feb 26 2018 21.24

My short term goals are coming out to each member of the family, but my life goal is to do German GCSE, A- Level and then study English and German at University, then be an English and German teacher in England or maybe an Eng. teacher in Germany. So life goal : be fluent in German by the end of university

11. Spiralling
    Musicunique / Mar 07 2018 22.41

Hi,

My goal is to have 2 weeks of full attendance at school, as things have stopped me from going lately.

Becca

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything