1. Dreamer
    BlindedComets / Jan 26 2018 16.44

So I'm in my final year of A-Levels and I have fine art coursework as well as exam revision for earth sciences (which is the field I'm going on to study) but a lot has happened in my personal life recently and I'm just really struggling to concentrate. In lessons I do well enough but I zone out a fair amount and I'm really struggling to find the motivation to do anything at all outside of lessons. Before everything happened I was really good at getting a lot of work done (even in the past when my personal life has been difficult I never found it hard to study) so I haven't really been in this situation before except for being burned out, but burning out only lasts a couple of days at most and this has been going on for a couple of months now. I really want to do well so does anyone have any tips on getting my head down again and working even with all of these distractions in my personal life? Thanks.

2. Headphones
    undercover-genie / Feb 17 2018 9.20

This sort of thing happened to me when I was doing my A level. Due to you being in your second year already, you've nearly finished and so all you need to remember is once you have these few months out the way you're done!

Ever tried meditation or mindfulness? It's a great technique and as much as people say it doesn't work, with practise, it can be a great help. While you're meditating, be sure to solely focus your mind on what you want to achieve and try with all your might to block out the negatives.

If you're finding it's too late into the year to start worrying about, perhaps see a counselor at your school temporarily just to get out whats on your mind. If you don't want to speak to people, perhaps keep a journal. Just remember once you write it down, it says there. There is nothing more important that the next few months, just stay strong, focus all your energy on your subjects and you'll smash it!

I believe in you!

~undercover genie

how i feel

Talk to us about anything