Recovery is possible...

Show
  1. Supported
    WarriorInRecovery / Jan 06 2018 16.11

Hello, my name is Alfie and I want to write this to let you all know that recovery is possible...

So when I was at my worst, I was being abused, I was suicidal, I was self harming, I had problems sleeping, I had problems eating, my anxiety was at it worst to the point that I started isolating myself from all my friends and family and my concentration in school got to the point where I couldn't focus on anything, even the subjects I was best at and has the most fun doing! I was on a downwards spiral. What ever made me go and get help I'll never know, but all in secret from everybody, I went to the doctors on my own, and had basically said to them that I wanted to kill myself, they knew I was serious...

After a few doctors appointments, I was told that I probably was going to be referred to CAMHS (A mental health service for children and adolescents/teens) And with in a matter of days, social services took me away from "home" and I was moved to live with my dad. I was so glad. But I knew I needed help with school...

So I went to the school nurse and said a lot like what I said to my doctor, I'm not gunna say where it was I went to get in school to get help but they helped the most as I basically had the things which CAMHS to but in school. Every. Single. Day. That was when recovery truly started for me...

Now I'm many months clean of self harm. I have no words to describe how much my mental health has improved and I can genuinely say that I see a point in living meaning I'm not suicidal...

I never want anyone to feel the way that I did, there is ALWAYS help. If you don't know where to get help from, I highly recommend Childline. Please If your feeling not so well seek help, you matter! "Once you truly start believing things can get better, your half way there."

Alfie ;

2. Sweets

Hello, my name is Alfie and I want to write this to let you all know that recovery is possible...

So when I was at my worst, I was being abused, I was suicidal, I was self harming, I had problems sleeping, I had problems eating, my anxiety was at it worst to the point that I started isolating myself from all my friends and family and my concentration in school got to the point where I couldn't focus on anything, even the subjects I was best at and has the most fun doing! I was on a downwards spiral. What ever made me go and get help I'll never know, but all in secret from everybody, I went to the doctors on my own, and had basically said to them that I wanted to kill myself, they knew I was serious...

After a few doctors appointments, I was told that I probably was going to be referred to CAMHS (A mental health service for children and adolescents/teens) And with in a matter of days, social services took me away from "home" and I was moved to live with my dad. I was so glad. But I knew I needed help with school...

So I went to the school nurse and said a lot like what I said to my doctor, I'm not gunna say where it was I went to get in school to get help but they helped the most as I basically had the things which CAMHS to but in school. Every. Single. Day. That was when recovery truly started for me...

Now I'm many months clean of self harm. I have no words to describe how much my mental health has improved and I can genuinely say that I see a point in living meaning I'm not suicidal...

I never want anyone to feel the way that I did, there is ALWAYS help. If you don't know where to get help from, I highly recommend Childline. Please If your feeling not so well seek help, you matter! "Once you truly start believing things can get better, your half way there."

Alfie ;

UnicornNutella / Jan 11 2018 0.09

Well done. You were so so so brave?

3. Sweets

Alfie ;

UnicornNutella / Jan 11 2018 0.09

Oops I meant ‘!’ Not ‘?’ Lol

4. Top dog

Alfie ;

Temporary78071841 / Jan 12 2018 21.14

well done! you’re so brave and tbh this is so helpful. its people like you sharing your stories that helps us to accept ourselves and seek help.

5. Supported

Alfie ;

WarriorInRecovery / Jan 27 2018 15.32

I forgot to mention that I had very severe depression.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything