Not sure where to post?

Show
  1. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Aug 02 2017 15.23

Hi everyone,

The boards are a big place which means we cover lots of different topics! But it can be hard to know where to post. If you’re not sure where the best place for your thread could be, this list might help:

Childline:

Childline Information

Campaigning

Introductions

Moving on from Childline

Your Site, Your Say (feedback and ideas)

Creative Corner:

Creative Writing

Fashion

Fun Page

Poetry

Recipes

Picture Gallery

Gender and Sexual Identity:

Gender Identity

Sexuality

Harmful behaviour:

Alcohol, Smoking and Drugs

Eating Problems

Self Harm

Health and Wellbeing:

Good Days

Puberty - Girls

Mental Health

Health Worries

Phobias

Puberty - Boys

Puberty - Trans and Non-Binary

Recovery

Self Esteem

Sleep

Home and School:

Friends

Home and Family

Living in Care or Away From Home

School/College

Separation and Divorce

Study help: homework, coursework and learning

Young carers

Life Issues:

Bereavement

Body Image

Christmas and New Year

Dreams and Nightmares

Learning Difficulties

Living with Deafness and Disability

Loneliness

Your Future

Sex and Relationships:

Relationships

Pregnancy/Young Parents

Sex and Sexual Health

The World Around Us:

Our World/Current News

Faith and Religion

Hobbies and Interests

Music, Entertainment, Sport

Types of Abuse and Keeping Safe:

Bullying and Discrimination

Emotional Abuse

Neglect

Online/Mobile Safety and Cyber Bullying

Physical Abuse

Racism

Sexual Abuse

Your Emotions:

Anxiety

Coping with Anger

Coping with Stress

Feeling Worried

How u Feelin?

Sadness and Depression

Remember too that we love to meet you all, so it’s always ok to post here in Introductions. Say hi and maybe introduce yourself a little!

Take care,

Jas-Host

2. Headphones
    independent14 / Aug 03 2017 23.15

Hi Jas,

Thank you so much for posting this! I mean I'm no newbie having been here 2 years this month but I think it might even help me! But also the newbies too!

Thanks

Eleanor xx

3. Reaching out
    Jas-Host / Aug 04 2017 9.47

Hi Eleanor,

I'm really glad that it's helpful!  We thought that a lot come to the Introductions board to say hi and to meet other others on the boards.

By having a list like this, it might make it a bit easier to say hi and to also see where else they might want to post to have help with something in their lives.

Take care,

Jas-Host

4. Childline Avatar
    Amelias-castle- / Aug 05 2017 17.35

Im new and the boards are a big place so i struggle to know where to put stuff because sometimes ive noticed people dont get replied too

5. Reaching out
    Amelias-castle- / Aug 05 2017 17.35

Im new and the boards are a big place so i struggle to know where to put stuff because sometimes ive noticed people dont get replied too

ChildlineHost / Aug 07 2017 12.33

Hi there

Sometimes posts might take a bit of time to get a reply but if you would like to let us know what you want to post about we can help you find a good place to post it. If we do see a post that might get more replies somewhere else we will move it for you and let you know where it is.

You could also talk things through with a counsellor and they could be able to help you to find the right place to post too.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon

Take care

Mel-Host

6. Outcast
    UserLPK / Sep 05 2017 15.54

Hi I'm new to Childline. I guess the Introductions board is the best place to introduce myself .

I'm 12 years old and bisexual. I'm a boy who is against stereotypes and gender-based ones especially. I support the LGBT+ community. I post on quite a lot of things (pretty much every category) so you will find me posting very regularly.

I like English and Latin. I don't like Maths and Science.

There, I introduced myself!

7. Reaching out
    ChildlineHost / Sep 06 2017 18.51

Hi there!

Thanks so much for introducing yourself here.  We love having new members like you and I've just replied to one of your posts about how useful a crime board would be so you are doing a great job getting involved!    Here at Childline, we really want to make sure that people are not stereotyped and can be themselves so it's fantastic to hear that you will be posting regularly about this and other things too - i'll keep an eye out for you around the boards but if you have any questions or feedback just let one of us hosts know in the Childline boards.

Bye for now,

Lou-Host

8. Outcast
    ChildlineHost / Sep 06 2017 18.51

Hi there!

Thanks so much for introducing yourself here.  We love having new members like you and I've just replied to one of your posts about how useful a crime board would be so you are doing a great job getting involved!    Here at Childline, we really want to make sure that people are not stereotyped and can be themselves so it's fantastic to hear that you will be posting regularly about this and other things too - i'll keep an eye out for you around the boards but if you have any questions or feedback just let one of us hosts know in the Childline boards.

Bye for now,

Lou-Host

UserLPK / Sep 07 2017 21.59

Hi

Thanks for the reply! I like posting to as much as I can if I can help with stuff as a) I like helping people and b) I have nothing to do. Mostly A, though! I'm going to an LGBT club on monday called Pride society, so I'm glad I have some place in school to be open about myself instead of trying to appear like a different person to my parents. If anyone wants a reply to their post or would like to ask me any questions, ask on any of my posts (Girls ask boys, Biphobia, etc.) I am happy to give help to those who want it. I like Childline because its a place where I can be myself. Also I usually reply to all posts on my subtopics between 4pm and 9pm every day, as thats when I am not at school.

Lucas

9. Wallflower
    Juicylucy345 / Nov 21 2017 22.43

hi jas,

childline came to my school today and they were really helpful. i just need a little help with my friend because she never plays with anyone and always stands around watching everyone else play. sometimes she will come and play. i need some help for my friend.

lucy

10. Reaching out
    Juicylucy345 / Nov 21 2017 22.43

hi jas,

childline came to my school today and they were really helpful. i just need a little help with my friend because she never plays with anyone and always stands around watching everyone else play. sometimes she will come and play. i need some help for my friend.

lucy

ChildlineHost / Nov 24 2017 17.26

Hi Lucy,

It's fantastic that you heard about Childline through school and that you have been brave enough to post here to get some help for your friend.  You seem like a really caring person and your friend is lucky to have you!   If you wanted to you could post in the home and school board as well so that hopefully more people will see your post there and make some suggestions as to how you could help your friend.  Have you spoken to your friend at all and asked her what makes her not want to play sometimes?

People could not want to play for lots of reasons and it can help to give them a chance to talk about what's worrying them.  It can though be hard to do this if you are only young yourself so it can sometimes help to talk to a teacher about your friend.  You could also talk to a Childline counsellor about it too or you could encourage your friend to call Childline as the counsellors are here to support both you and them.

Whatever you decide to do I hope you'll post again to let us know how things are going.

Take care,

Lou-Host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything