Vegan rant! Sorry not sorry!

Show
  1. Spiralling
    MountEverest / Jan 23 2017 1.36

Why do most Humans eat pigs, cows, sheep, chickens, etc, etc?

They're not ingredients. They have hearts. They bleed red blood. They feel love, fear, happiness and every emotion we have, yet they get treated like they are worth nothing.

They just want to love and be loved. They want to play and live happily but their lives get ended by a slit of the throat carried out by a legalised murderer.

They've just been born to be abused and then murdered. How is this right? It wouldn't be right if it was a Human.

We don't need dairy, meat, fish and eggs to survive.

Why can't you just leave these poor animals alone. They'd much rather be your friends than get eaten by you.

Think about it for a second, how would you feel if you were them.

Also to those thinking, just kill them humanely... There is no humane way kill an innocent animal who doesn't want to die!!

Sorry about going on but I care about these creatures. They have a purpose in this world and that purpose is not to be hurt and killed.

I love all animals, no matter what they look like. They deserve to live their lives and they don't deserve to be murdered for doing nothing wrong just so greedy humans can eat them because they think they "taste nice."

Humans are not carnivores.

We don't have the teeth of a carnivore, nor the stomach acid of a carnivore.

Animals like lions and tigers for example can eat the flesh of a creature raw without getting food poisoning because their stomach acid is strong enough to kill all the nasty germs as they are carnivores but Humans stomach acid is nowhere near strong enough to do that. That is why if we were to eat flesh raw we would get food poisoning so we have to cook it to kill the germs. Humans teeth couldn't rip through raw flesh either, they're desiged to tear things,like leaves.

2. Seeker
    prolixprolix / Jan 23 2017 16.56

(we do have canines and babies pry on fear (bbc study).) but that's beside the point. we can also eat fresh raw meat including the surface as long as it hasn't been exposed for too long (I tried yesterday) :0

This reminds me of plato's republic where he suggests that it is fairer for some people to never know their true purpose for the benefit of society. And it also reminds me of something I thought today "if pigs were carnivores, and dogs were herbivores, we'd eat dogs ." How would I feel if I was them? Liberated? I wouldn't know my fate. Or like I am every day. We all die.

I agree, it isn't fair, but I eat meat in moderation (sort of). It isn't fair. But, as a human, I know it is in nature to kill just as much as it is to be peaceful. Only society sets the parameters for what is wrong.

Bears are omnivores, but they will kill. Foxes, although carnivores, kill for sport - a whole henhouse rather than a hen. No more fair than killing for food.

I think it is okay in certain circumstances (aka: with humane conditions) but my parents eat meat and until I am 18, I won't do things to inconvenience them.

3. Childline Avatar
    MountEverest / Jan 23 2017 1.36

Why do most Humans eat pigs, cows, sheep, chickens, etc, etc?

They're not ingredients. They have hearts. They bleed red blood. They feel love, fear, happiness and every emotion we have, yet they get treated like they are worth nothing.

They just want to love and be loved. They want to play and live happily but their lives get ended by a slit of the throat carried out by a legalised murderer.

They've just been born to be abused and then murdered. How is this right? It wouldn't be right if it was a Human.

We don't need dairy, meat, fish and eggs to survive.

Why can't you just leave these poor animals alone. They'd much rather be your friends than get eaten by you.

Think about it for a second, how would you feel if you were them.

Also to those thinking, just kill them humanely... There is no humane way kill an innocent animal who doesn't want to die!!

Sorry about going on but I care about these creatures. They have a purpose in this world and that purpose is not to be hurt and killed.

I love all animals, no matter what they look like. They deserve to live their lives and they don't deserve to be murdered for doing nothing wrong just so greedy humans can eat them because they think they "taste nice."

Humans are not carnivores.

We don't have the teeth of a carnivore, nor the stomach acid of a carnivore.

Animals like lions and tigers for example can eat the flesh of a creature raw without getting food poisoning because their stomach acid is strong enough to kill all the nasty germs as they are carnivores but Humans stomach acid is nowhere near strong enough to do that. That is why if we were to eat flesh raw we would get food poisoning so we have to cook it to kill the germs. Humans teeth couldn't rip through raw flesh either, they're desiged to tear things,like leaves.

neverland12321 / Jan 24 2017 17.05

This actually brought a tear to my eye! I have only recently became a vegetarian which was hard in a meat eating household but I agree with everything you have said! Also, because our jaws can move from side to side it is evidence to suggest we were born to be herbivores and carnivores can only move their jaws up and down to rip and swallow meat.

4. Winner
    IceHockeyBoy24 / Jan 24 2017 18.58

I eat animals and animal products because I want to, really. I enjoy eating pizza/burgers etc so I'll carry on doing that, in the same way if you don't want to, you don't have to. Each to their own, i say

5. Spiralling
    IceHockeyBoy24 / Jan 24 2017 18.58

I eat animals and animal products because I want to, really. I enjoy eating pizza/burgers etc so I'll carry on doing that, in the same way if you don't want to, you don't have to. Each to their own, i say

MountEverest / Jan 25 2017 1.44

But the animals don't have a choice on whether you eat them or not. They are being murdered daily and can't do anything about it. If they spoke in a human language I don't think they'd be saying "Yes kill me, eat me, I'm totally fine with that!"

6. Spiralling
    neverland12321 / Jan 24 2017 17.05

This actually brought a tear to my eye! I have only recently became a vegetarian which was hard in a meat eating household but I agree with everything you have said! Also, because our jaws can move from side to side it is evidence to suggest we were born to be herbivores and carnivores can only move their jaws up and down to rip and swallow meat.

MountEverest / Jan 25 2017 2.09

Thank you for caring about animals! Hopefully one day you'll become a Vegan. I didn't find it hard to become a Vegan but some do.

I was a Vegetarian before I became a Vegan. I turned Vegan when I was 13, I am now 14 (nearly 15) and its the best decision I have ever made.

I was a big milk drinker, I did research on how cows were treated and stuff.

They're are abused everyday. They're forced to become pregnant so when their babies are born they have milk in there udders for 'humans', their babies get taken away from them and they cry out for each other whilst this happens. They're used as milk machines for humans. The milk is meant for they're calfs not humans. Also if they have female calfs, they get used as milk machines when they've grown and if they have male calfs, they get taken off for veal or get fattened up for beef, etc, etc.

I don't want to be part of that. I respect all mothers be they humans or another animal and I feel guilty for disrespecting them and taking their babies milk in the past.

I hope all that made sense.

Go to PETA's website, they are a non profit organisation. They have advice on going Vegan and tell of the horrifying truths of the meat, dairy, eggs, fur, feather and leather industries.

Sorry for going on, I am just passionate about it! Animals are my friends and I won't let this happen to them.

LIVE AND LET LIVE!

7. Winner
    MountEverest / Jan 25 2017 1.44

But the animals don't have a choice on whether you eat them or not. They are being murdered daily and can't do anything about it. If they spoke in a human language I don't think they'd be saying "Yes kill me, eat me, I'm totally fine with that!"

IceHockeyBoy24 / Jan 25 2017 15.58

They don't have a choice as they're animals, and humans have farmed animals for food throughout history, I don't see anything wrong with it. Even if we could 'communicate' with them it wouldn't change my opinion. I dont get why I should change my diet just because someone else thinks i should

8. Childline Avatar
    Yellowchicken / Nov 18 2020 1.02

Literally exactly my view too. Been vegan for 4 months now and I'm never going back. I love all animals and it hurts me so much to remember how they're being treated, even if I'm not funding any of it. Makes me so angry and upset, especially the hate and stigma vegans get about being "easily offended", like sorry for... caring about living creatures?? People need educating a hell of a lot more about how animals are treated. <3

9. Childline Avatar
    prolixprolix / Jan 23 2017 16.56

(we do have canines and babies pry on fear (bbc study).) but that's beside the point. we can also eat fresh raw meat including the surface as long as it hasn't been exposed for too long (I tried yesterday) :0

This reminds me of plato's republic where he suggests that it is fairer for some people to never know their true purpose for the benefit of society. And it also reminds me of something I thought today "if pigs were carnivores, and dogs were herbivores, we'd eat dogs ." How would I feel if I was them? Liberated? I wouldn't know my fate. Or like I am every day. We all die.

I agree, it isn't fair, but I eat meat in moderation (sort of). It isn't fair. But, as a human, I know it is in nature to kill just as much as it is to be peaceful. Only society sets the parameters for what is wrong.

Bears are omnivores, but they will kill. Foxes, although carnivores, kill for sport - a whole henhouse rather than a hen. No more fair than killing for food.

I think it is okay in certain circumstances (aka: with humane conditions) but my parents eat meat and until I am 18, I won't do things to inconvenience them.

Temporary91873641 / Nov 19 2020 12.39

Eating animals is wrong.. Hurting animals is wrong! Share this song, and change your entire menu to be vegan from now on.

10. Loser
    Temporary09776329 / Nov 19 2020 12.39

I eat animals because its tasty

11. Childline Avatar
    Yellowchicken / Nov 18 2020 1.02

Literally exactly my view too. Been vegan for 4 months now and I'm never going back. I love all animals and it hurts me so much to remember how they're being treated, even if I'm not funding any of it. Makes me so angry and upset, especially the hate and stigma vegans get about being "easily offended", like sorry for... caring about living creatures?? People need educating a hell of a lot more about how animals are treated. <3

Temporary91873641 / Nov 19 2020 12.43

That view is kind of wrong though. Many can‘t afford to go vegan, and veganism should be considered a privilege. It‘s not just financial situations that come into this either, people could be suffering from a medical condition that requires them to eat meat for survival. You should not assume that everybody is able to go vegan.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything