How do I tell someone I was sexually abused?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Heyats / Dec 07 2016 20.55

Hi guys, so I'm currently 17 and when I was 13 I was violently sexually abused and I've never told anyone. Im too embarrassed to tell my parents and I don't want them to know as it would break their hearts so I want to tell a teacher. But I'm afraid my teacher will tell my parents about it. I thought I could deal wth it alone but it's been seriously affecting my life, I began taking drugs and acting out at school, almost getting expelled but I never felt i could tell someone but I think I'm ready now. I just don't know if and how I can tell my teacher. Please help!

2. Childline Avatar
    Heyats / Dec 07 2016 20.55

Hi guys, so I'm currently 17 and when I was 13 I was violently sexually abused and I've never told anyone. Im too embarrassed to tell my parents and I don't want them to know as it would break their hearts so I want to tell a teacher. But I'm afraid my teacher will tell my parents about it. I thought I could deal wth it alone but it's been seriously affecting my life, I began taking drugs and acting out at school, almost getting expelled but I never felt i could tell someone but I think I'm ready now. I just don't know if and how I can tell my teacher. Please help!

Temporary75889239 / Dec 10 2016 1.10

Hi! Okay first of all? Calm down and take a step back. It's amaIng you want to talk to someone, because you need too. i think you need to accept that if you tell someone your parents are going to find out. i know it will be heartbreaking for them, but they'd much rather hear something like that from their own son / daughter. Maybe tell a teacher, then organise a meeting with that teacher and your parents. Remember, your parents wont be angry, they'll want to make sure that you're okay. Please do tell someone, you need to. I'm always here if you want to talk more, i've not been on this site for long and I don't know how to works /if we can message each other privately, but if you want to talk about it then we can find a way if that helps? You arent alone.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything