Sexual abuse at a young age still haunts me

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Alien- / Aug 20 2016 13.53

I have only told my boyfriend about this and nobody else because I feel like no one would believe me from the lack of knowledge or proof. Basically when I was very young, I don't even know what age, I was sexually abused by my aunties at the time husband (they recently split). I remember what room in my house and what he did to me exactly. I went in to wake him up (he had stayed the night after having a drunk night out) and he grabbed me onto the bed and started rubbing my area down there through my clothing. I didn't know what to do as he had a tight hold of me and I felt like if i tried to stop him he would hurt me (even though he had never done anything like this to me before, I trusted him!) he then went down my pants and done the same action but didn't go inside of me. I eventually got the courage to run out and then I went downstairs with my nan. I'm guessing I was around the ages of 6-10, I'm now 15. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible for him to go to prison for something like this or would it be left as I do not have any evidence?

2. Superstar
    Alien- / Aug 20 2016 13.53

I have only told my boyfriend about this and nobody else because I feel like no one would believe me from the lack of knowledge or proof. Basically when I was very young, I don't even know what age, I was sexually abused by my aunties at the time husband (they recently split). I remember what room in my house and what he did to me exactly. I went in to wake him up (he had stayed the night after having a drunk night out) and he grabbed me onto the bed and started rubbing my area down there through my clothing. I didn't know what to do as he had a tight hold of me and I felt like if i tried to stop him he would hurt me (even though he had never done anything like this to me before, I trusted him!) he then went down my pants and done the same action but didn't go inside of me. I eventually got the courage to run out and then I went downstairs with my nan. I'm guessing I was around the ages of 6-10, I'm now 15. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible for him to go to prison for something like this or would it be left as I do not have any evidence?

CatsAreGreat1 / Aug 20 2016 14.41

Hi,

It would be hard to prove but the police can do all sorts.

They would probably speak to your Nan if you told them what had happened. Can you think of anything what could count as evidence? He would go to Prison if the police have enough evidence.

Why don't you have a look at this page? https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/bullying-abuse-safety/abuse-safety/sexual-abuse/

Have a good day,

Pat :)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything