What an epic fail for a "new" site

Show
  1. Bookworm
    coolman98 / Jul 28 2016 16.00

I just had a 121 chat on a library computer running Windows 7 and most up to date version of Internet explorer, was being pestered with nofiications and having to click "keep me logged in" even though I clearly was using the site!

Eventually despite clicking, at the end, the notification off at least twice a second or even three times per second, I was sent to google and lost the connection with the counsellor...

What an epic fail, well done Childline!

coolman98

2. Childline Avatar
    Cerxx / Jul 29 2016 7.02

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the new site but I guess when anything is brand new there will always be teething problems but I'm sure childline will have it fixed soon! The other day I think there was a problem with the boards and childline had it fixed really quickly (thanks max-host!). I know you said the library computer has windows 7 but I guess it could still have connection issues and if your library is anything like mine, it will have a rubbish wifi connection so maybe best to try at home with a better signal. The only other thing I would recommend is to take the glass half full approach to it.... sure, it's frustrating that there is some glitches with the new site, but generally it's a great website and everyone at childline worked so hard to bring it to us! Maybe if you wrote down a list of all the advantages of the new site compared to tHe previous one it could help you feel more positive? Eg, chats work better on phones, art box, layout of the site is more modern and mature, and of course the new emojis! There are a lot of other advantages but those are just the first ones I could think of but maybe if you wrote down a list of all the positive aspects of the new site, it would help you feel better when there is a glitch or a problem.

Hope this helps!

Cerys

3. Reaching out

I just had a 121 chat on a library computer running Windows 7 and most up to date version of Internet explorer, was being pestered with nofiications and having to click "keep me logged in" even though I clearly was using the site!

Eventually despite clicking, at the end, the notification off at least twice a second or even three times per second, I was sent to google and lost the connection with the counsellor...

coolman98

Childline-Host / Jul 29 2016 10.46

Hi coolman98,

We wanted to let you know that we've reported your feedback as a major issue and have our tech team looking into it.  I know you've had a lot of problems with the new site and that's definitely not what we want but thank you so much for letting us know.  Your posts are really helping us keep up-to-date with any issues at all that need fixing and we'd love if you could keep telling us and help us to make things better. 

Thanks and take care,

Jas-host

4. Reaching out
    Cerxx / Jul 29 2016 7.02

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the new site but I guess when anything is brand new there will always be teething problems but I'm sure childline will have it fixed soon! The other day I think there was a problem with the boards and childline had it fixed really quickly (thanks max-host!). I know you said the library computer has windows 7 but I guess it could still have connection issues and if your library is anything like mine, it will have a rubbish wifi connection so maybe best to try at home with a better signal. The only other thing I would recommend is to take the glass half full approach to it.... sure, it's frustrating that there is some glitches with the new site, but generally it's a great website and everyone at childline worked so hard to bring it to us! Maybe if you wrote down a list of all the advantages of the new site compared to tHe previous one it could help you feel more positive? Eg, chats work better on phones, art box, layout of the site is more modern and mature, and of course the new emojis! There are a lot of other advantages but those are just the first ones I could think of but maybe if you wrote down a list of all the positive aspects of the new site, it would help you feel better when there is a glitch or a problem.

Hope this helps!

Cerys

Childline-Host / Jul 29 2016 10.55

Hi Cerys,

We really wanted to say thanks so much for this reply!!! Even though there will always be glitches and bugs and things with a new site, it's can be so very frustrating - for us too as we want it to work for everyone.  We love your idea of listing the positives and it's something I'm actually going to do everytime something doesn't quite work right.  It doesn't necessarily take away what's happening but it can be such a good reminder of the things that do work so well, in the way that everything on the site eventually will.

Glad to hear the things you like too! I'm also loving the new emojis!

Take care,

Jas-host

5. Bookworm
    Cerxx / Jul 29 2016 7.02

Hope this helps!

Cerys

coolman98 / Jul 29 2016 22.24

strange isn't it? I wasn't on wifi I was on a computer in the library connected to the network (Desktop.)

I do like the new site, just the glitches and teething problems seem numerous at present.

coolman98

6. Bookworm
    Childline-Host / Jul 29 2016 10.46

Hi coolman98,

We wanted to let you know that we've reported your feedback as a major issue and have our tech team looking into it.  I know you've had a lot of problems with the new site and that's definitely not what we want but thank you so much for letting us know.  Your posts are really helping us keep up-to-date with any issues at all that need fixing and we'd love if you could keep telling us and help us to make things better. 

Thanks and take care,

Jas-host

coolman98 / Jul 30 2016 15.14

it has happened again, and I was talking about something really useful!

Seriously though, why? WHY?!

7. Bookworm

coolman98

coolman98 / Jul 30 2016 23.27

just used my own computer Windows 10 Microsoft Edge as web browser and was absolutely fine!

Internet explorer on windows 7 obviously isn't and i don't want to tell IT of the County Council about the issue as they do not need to know i access CL on their computers (they wouldn't have  a problem but this is for obvious reasons...)

I really do hope the issue is resolved one way or another, else I may put in an anonymous comment form in the box or fill in a contact form online without supplying my contact details...

coolman98

8. Bookworm
    coolman98 / Jul 30 2016 23.27

just used my own computer Windows 10 Microsoft Edge as web browser and was absolutely fine!

Internet explorer on windows 7 obviously isn't and i don't want to tell IT of the County Council about the issue as they do not need to know i access CL on their computers (they wouldn't have  a problem but this is for obvious reasons...)

I really do hope the issue is resolved one way or another, else I may put in an anonymous comment form in the box or fill in a contact form online without supplying my contact details...

coolman98

coolman98 / Aug 01 2016 16.22

I think if this site isn't sorted soon I may close my account and just speak on the phone, I am SO disappointed at the level of support I get on library computers through this site, I have now reported my concerns to the IT department @ County Council so hopefully they will do something but honestly, I am so upset that support cannot be anywhere online for me at the moment... coolman98

9. Reaching out
    coolman98 / Aug 01 2016 16.22

I think if this site isn't sorted soon I may close my account and just speak on the phone, I am SO disappointed at the level of support I get on library computers through this site, I have now reported my concerns to the IT department @ County Council so hopefully they will do something but honestly, I am so upset that support cannot be anywhere online for me at the moment... coolman98

Childline-Host / Aug 01 2016 17.21

Hi coolman98,

Thanks for letting us know that it worked fine on your own computer on Windows 10 Microsoft Edge.  I know that we still have issues and glitches to work through which are upsetting and frustrating.  The more technical information we have, like this, the more we can report and check it all out, so again we really appreciate you doing this.

Hopefully, you will also get a reply from the council's IT department but it's always ok to use us how allows you to get the support you need.

Take care,

Jas-host

10. Sheep
    Dogbrains / Aug 01 2016 18.52

HI,

I don't quite understand how bad this problem is for other people, but I seem to have to sign in again after every message I post, drawing I save or chat I have. This has lead to some drawings in the artbox being lost as I thought I was signed in and as you have to leave the page to sign in, the drawing was gone when I came back.

11. Reaching out
    Dogbrains / Aug 01 2016 18.52

HI,

I don't quite understand how bad this problem is for other people, but I seem to have to sign in again after every message I post, drawing I save or chat I have. This has lead to some drawings in the artbox being lost as I thought I was signed in and as you have to leave the page to sign in, the drawing was gone when I came back.

Childline-Host / Aug 01 2016 19.03

Hi Dogbrains,

There have been some problems that lots of you seem to have and then others than are maybe limited to certain devices or browsers.  Would it be ok to ask what you are using to access the site and boards - the more information we have, the more the web team have to work with on fixing things.

We get that it's really annoying to firstly keep having to log in and then to also lose drawings but thank you so much for your patience and for sticking with us while we work on it.

Keep letting us know about anything else you come across!

Jas-host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything