What people are saying about Muslims

Show
  1. Gamer
    Ejm2103 / Jul 27 2016 22.19

So why do people say the Muslim religion is a peaceful and that it doesn't speak about violence ? i don't get it because on the news there's people that are terrorists claiming they're Muslim ? in saudi Arabia they do bad stuff to people and I mean bad ! So what does the religion say about these things like this

I honestly hope I didn't offend anyone. Thanks for your time

2. Mute
    Harrypotternerd8910 / Jul 28 2016 20.35

Hi

Yeah, its true. On the news there are alot of things about muslim terrorists. But the thing is in the quran it says to accept people no matter what there colour is, religion is or gender is. The things these people are doing are horrible. Im a muslim and never in a million years would i kill someone cos of their religion. (You didnt offend anyone at all btw 😀)

Super ^u^

3. Gamer

So why do people say the Muslim religion is a peaceful and that it doesn't speak about violence ? i don't get it because on the news there's people that are terrorists claiming they're Muslim ? in saudi Arabia they do bad stuff to people and I mean bad ! So what does the religion say about these things like this

TheAmazingBiryani / Jul 29 2016 3.10

medias always gonna be biased. but tbh i have first hand experiance of saudi rabia as i was lived there it is a hell there. They claim to be islamic but they arent. And thats what usually happens in muslim countries. I am a muslim and pakistani so I know a lot about this. These so called islamic laws arent even shariah most of the time!

however we forget the positive contributions muslims do in the british society. They have given so much in charity and sadiq khan is the mayor of london. Muhammad Ali was a muslim and he was one of the most humble people.

in conclusion islam isnt bad, its how right winged scholars interpreted it and how shariah and Qur'an is twisted

qur'an 5:32

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

dont let the telly take over you. there is more than fox news and rupert murdoch (:

4. Bookworm
    Yellowsunbeams / Aug 09 2016 20.19

Hi,

Islam is a religion based around peace. Just because a very small amount of Muslims are terrorists, it doesn't make Islam a violent religion. There are also Christian terrorist groups.

in Saudi Arabia, they take rhe Qu'ran very literally by Allah's laws. It's just a differenr culture.

hope this helped

5. Gamer
    Yellowsunbeams / Aug 09 2016 20.19

Hi,

Islam is a religion based around peace. Just because a very small amount of Muslims are terrorists, it doesn't make Islam a violent religion. There are also Christian terrorist groups.

in Saudi Arabia, they take rhe Qu'ran very literally by Allah's laws. It's just a differenr culture.

hope this helped

Ejm2103 / Aug 09 2016 23.29

Yes but I don't see Christian groups blowing up places Like the muslim religion do ( no offence) It may be a different culture but it's completely immoral. There's about 30,000 ISIS fighters , how can you tell me thats not a lot

6. Fixer
    Ejm2103 / Aug 09 2016 23.29

Yes but I don't see Christian groups blowing up places Like the muslim religion do ( no offence) It may be a different culture but it's completely immoral. There's about 30,000 ISIS fighters , how can you tell me thats not a lot

hannahkx / Aug 11 2016 20.27

I don't know if you have ever heard of the KKK? Although it is not specifically based on a religion (I don't think), they are a white supremacy group. They are against anyone who basically isn't white. At one point they had 4 million members and even now there are 8000 members. It's funny how the media makes it out to be that all terrorists are Muslim but honestly the threat posed by Muslims is simply exaggerated. Every single religion is ridiculously misinterpreted in some way and whether you like to admit it or not, people use religion to simply back up there opinions. While some people use Christianity to make sure every person can love who they want and be who they want; others use Christianity to make other people's life hell by taking away their rights.

Keep in mind that ISIS first grew strong in mid-2000s which is way before the media heard much about them. The only reason they're such a big deal now is because the war in Syria that started in 2011 just got uglier and they decided to terrorize the entire world.

You might think that 30,000 people is a lot but there are around 2 BILLION Muslims around the world. So tell me honestly... do you really think 30,000 horrible people are a good representation of this religion?

I understand that terrorists who claim to be Muslim have caused the most infamous terror attacks in the 21st century, such as 9/11.  However, in the past 5 years the percentage of Muslim terrorists is less than 2% but you might find that hard to believe, so you can the thank the media for brainwashing a generation of kids who will forever be afraid of a peaceful religion.

7. Gamer
    hannahkx / Aug 11 2016 20.27

I don't know if you have ever heard of the KKK? Although it is not specifically based on a religion (I don't think), they are a white supremacy group. They are against anyone who basically isn't white. At one point they had 4 million members and even now there are 8000 members. It's funny how the media makes it out to be that all terrorists are Muslim but honestly the threat posed by Muslims is simply exaggerated. Every single religion is ridiculously misinterpreted in some way and whether you like to admit it or not, people use religion to simply back up there opinions. While some people use Christianity to make sure every person can love who they want and be who they want; others use Christianity to make other people's life hell by taking away their rights.

Keep in mind that ISIS first grew strong in mid-2000s which is way before the media heard much about them. The only reason they're such a big deal now is because the war in Syria that started in 2011 just got uglier and they decided to terrorize the entire world.

You might think that 30,000 people is a lot but there are around 2 BILLION Muslims around the world. So tell me honestly... do you really think 30,000 horrible people are a good representation of this religion?

I understand that terrorists who claim to be Muslim have caused the most infamous terror attacks in the 21st century, such as 9/11.  However, in the past 5 years the percentage of Muslim terrorists is less than 2% but you might find that hard to believe, so you can the thank the media for brainwashing a generation of kids who will forever be afraid of a peaceful religion.

Ejm2103 / Aug 11 2016 23.35

I wouldn't go to the point of saying that it's a 'peaceful religion'....as for the KKK I find the klan very funny becuase most of us can backtrack our ancestors from Africa.

8. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Aug 23 2016 10.31

Hi Everyone,

We noticed that you were having a really interesting discussion about different types of groups, their beliefs and how this impacts the world. We have just created a new page about the worries of the world that talks about extremism, terrorism and radicalisation, and helps explain what all these things are.

We thought some of the information might help with your discussion;

https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/worries-about-the-world/

Keep having these conversations it is amazing to see everyone sharing their opinions and views in a respectful way.

Take care

Max-Host

9. Butterfly
    Hazelie / Jun 24 2020 16.57

Hi, I'm a Muslim, and you didn't offend me much, because I know it's true, but we aren't all that bad. We are based around peace - mostly - though there are some Muslim terrorists. It doesn't means we will all become terrorists.

10. Childline Avatar
    Hazelie / Jun 24 2020 16.57

Hi, I'm a Muslim, and you didn't offend me much, because I know it's true, but we aren't all that bad. We are based around peace - mostly - though there are some Muslim terrorists. It doesn't means we will all become terrorists.

Blueglue / Jul 22 2020 0.23

I feel like most of us muslims dont get offended by these types of comments but rather more upset about the misinformation and we try to educate people more.

11. Childline Avatar

Temporary24819546 / Jul 29 2020 20.27

The Muslim religion is Islam, and Islam is peaceful, but some people who call themselves ‘Muslims‘ are not. Islam literally translates to peace. You said there are over 30,000 ISIS members. There are almost 2 billion Muslims in the world. If Muslims were violent/terrorists , well... I think you can guess what would happen. What you’re seeing is things the media highlights. There is a lot they don’t cover, and the blame on Muslims upsets me. School shooters, the eastboro baptist church, the kkk, all brushed over. These groups are made up of at least 100,000. Islam is based on the Quran, and that is what true Muslims live by, not the twisted versions of Hadiths and Shariah. The proper Islamic greeting literally translates to Peace Be Upon You. I would recommend MyQuran, but for now, here are some passages, because the Quran, is really the only way to truly learn about Islam.

Indeed, Allah is with those who fear Him and those who are doers of good.

Quran: 16:128

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

Quran: 5:32

And do good as Allah has done good to you. And desire not corruption in the land. Indeed, Allah does not like corrupters."

Quran: 28:77

I pray for you that you will base your views of Islam off of the true Quran and the millions of peaceful Muslims rather than the select group that the media choose to focuse on so generously. Peace be upon you.

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything