Getting too much sleep???

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Tom84729110 / May 15 2016 21.42

So basically I am 15.5 and i seeem to be getting too much sleep or time in bed. My mum makes me go to bed 20:30 or 21:00 at the latest and i will have to get up around 7 the next day for school. I have been waking up naturally at around 3am which is really annoying and not being able to go back to sleep. Also i am not able to group chat with my crush (who i am hoping to ask out at some point) so i feel really left out as they are IMing when i am in bed. Any help is appreciated.

2. Childline Avatar
    Joe0603 / May 13 2016 21.25
    tom84729110 / today at 04:05

So basically I am 15.5 and i seeem to be getting too much sleep or time in bed. My mum makes me go to bed 20:30 or 21:00 at the latest and i will have to get up around 7 the next day for school. I have been waking up naturally at around 3am which is really annoying and not being able to go back to sleep. Also i am not able to group chat with my crush (who i am hoping to ask out at some point) so i feel really left out as they are IMing when i am in bed. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

I also sometimes struggle with sleeping and hate the feeling when you are lying in bed at a stupid time when you feel like you should be sleeping.

If I were you, I'd talk to your Mum about how you feel about sleeping and the group chat. I'm sure she sometimes struggles sleeping occasionally believe it or not so may be able to relate to you. I know it can be weird talking to your Mum about your crush but I'm sure you could come up with a solution together about what to do. You could maybe on weekends stay up late and see how your body reacts as sleep may not be so essential if you don't have school the next day just for a trial.

Good luck

3. Childline Avatar
    Tom84729110 / May 15 2016 21.42
    joe0603 / 13 may 2016 at 21:25

Hi,

I also sometimes struggle with sleeping and hate the feeling when you are lying in bed at a stupid time when you feel like you should be sleeping.

If I were you, I'd talk to your Mum about how you feel about sleeping and the group chat. I'm sure she sometimes struggles sleeping occasionally believe it or not so may be able to relate to you. I know it can be weird talking to your Mum about your crush but I'm sure you could come up with a solution together about what to do. You could maybe on weekends stay up late and see how your body reacts as sleep may not be so essential if you don't have school the next day just for a trial.

Good luck

Thanks for replying :-) Anyway, i have stayed up alot later than when im supposed to be in bed (like 4am) once in a while, which i think im fine with. My mum doesnt know about this though. But she does know about my crush cause she snooped through my phone... GAAAH. I will talk to her. Thanks again. :)

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything