I cant sleep, the urge is to strong..

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Prada1205 / May 23 2016 13.55

Hi,

Im new to this so sorryif my post is a bit weird, but i should get better in time...

Anyway, every night i wil only get around 3-4 hors of sleep. The urge to cut keep getting stronger and stronger and sometimes i can't ignore it,,,

i use to self harm... but someone helped me stop.. for a while... until my bestfriend, whoi love,wasgoing though a tough tie and she was cuttin and it was gettin serious, so to try and help i cut all down my arms and told her that this is what she was doing to me.

Oncei cut for the firs time in a while, thre is no turning back. I didnt have a proper reason other than my bestfriend to cut, even though it helped, it felt weird.

A couple days later i found out that my step dad had been having an affair, it broke my mums heart, my mum made him move out but now... we are so short on money and i thi we're going to be kicked out of our house, when i was younger we would move alot, but not tjis time we've lived in this house 7 yearsand ive made so many good friends.

I dont know how to stay strong for my mum and my whole family, my sistrs my neices and my nephew.

I dont know how to cope under these conditions anymore.

I did talk to my bestfriend, bu she had alot going on and she still does so i dont want to worry her, i recently broke up with my boyfriend so i cant talk to him, i definately cant talk to my family.

If you guys have any tips then your comments would be greatly appreciated...

Im sorry this is so long and that it may not make any sense, but thankyou for taking the time to read it...

Rach X

2. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / May 23 2016 13.55
    prada1205 / 30 april 2016 at 22:13

Hi,

Im new to this so sorryif my post is a bit weird, but i should get better in time...

Anyway, every night i wil only get around 3-4 hors of sleep. The urge to cut keep getting stronger and stronger and sometimes i can't ignore it,,,

i use to self harm... but someone helped me stop.. for a while... until my bestfriend, whoi love,wasgoing though a tough tie and she was cuttin and it was gettin serious, so to try and help i cut all down my arms and told her that this is what she was doing to me.

Oncei cut for the firs time in a while, thre is no turning back. I didnt have a proper reason other than my bestfriend to cut, even though it helped, it felt weird.

A couple days later i found out that my step dad had been having an affair, it broke my mums heart, my mum made him move out but now... we are so short on money and i thi we're going to be kicked out of our house, when i was younger we would move alot, but not tjis time we've lived in this house 7 yearsand ive made so many good friends.

I dont know how to stay strong for my mum and my whole family, my sistrs my neices and my nephew.

I dont know how to cope under these conditions anymore.

I did talk to my bestfriend, bu she had alot going on and she still does so i dont want to worry her, i recently broke up with my boyfriend so i cant talk to him, i definately cant talk to my family.

If you guys have any tips then your comments would be greatly appreciated...

Im sorry this is so long and that it may not make any sense, but thankyou for taking the time to read it...

Rach X

Hi Rach,

We know that it's been quite a while since you posted this. It can take bit of time to see all the posts but your post definitely made sense and we're so glad that you could write it, especially for your first one.

You are dealing with so much and we know that the counsellors are always there for you to talk too. Trying to be strong for everyone is lovely but it's always ok to need your own help and support and talking about everything can be such a good way to let some of it out and know that you are not alone. Does anyone have any experience of trying to cope like this?

Sleeping can be hard when there's so much on your mind and then add to that the urge to self-harm. You might already have tried some of these but we have some tips on different things you could maybe try: https://www.childline.org.uk/explore/self-harm/pages/self-harmcopingtechniques.aspx

Take care,

Jas-host

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything