Night terrors!

Show
  1. Spiralling
    1whirlwind2many / Jun 03 2016 19.21

Hi,

I sometimes get really bad night terrors. Recently i have been recognising the people in them too and they do really horrible stuff like have sex with me when i dont want to.

How do I cope with them? I am too scared to fall asleep sometimes.

I try listening to music but it sometimes makes me think of other bad stuff too because of the lyrics.

I am even to scared to talk to the people who are in my terrors because even though they didnt do anything it felt really real.

Anyone else have this? Any advice?

Thanks,

L xx

2. Childline Avatar
    BlueMoon1234 / Jun 02 2016 8.07

I myself have suffered from bad dreams too. Drink lots of water or perhaps listen to music or read a book before you fall asleep. 

Are people doing these bad things to you in your dreams or in real life? If it is in your dreams remind yourself it isn't real and tell a gaurdian or teacher about it. If it is in real life tell someone as soon as possible. 

3. Spiralling
    1whirlwind2many / Jun 02 2016 12.34
    bluemoon1234 / today at 08:07

I myself have suffered from bad dreams too. Drink lots of water or perhaps listen to music or read a book before you fall asleep. 

Are people doing these bad things to you in your dreams or in real life? If it is in your dreams remind yourself it isn't real and tell a gaurdian or teacher about it. If it is in real life tell someone as soon as possible. 

Hi BlueMoon1234

Thanks for the advice, I have tried listening to music and it sometimes helps but it can depend on my mood and the lyrics etc. I will try drinking more water.

The people who do it in my dreams have not hurt me in real life. I think it might be linked to stuff which happened in real life though. The dreams feel scarily real.

I'm sorry to hear you have bad dreams too :( I hope you are ok

L x

4. Childline Avatar
    BlueMoon1234 / Jun 03 2016 19.21

Glad to hear that they aren't hurting you in real life. Sorry however that you are worried of them having sex with you and similar stuff.

After having a bad dream take deep breaths and reason with yourself. Have you talked to a Childline Counseller about it? They'll probably be better help than me

I hope you are doing fine.

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything