Can I tell a teacher without them informing anyone?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    BlueDragon201200 / May 15 2016 22.34

I think this counts as sexual abuse but I'm not really sure: my stepdad a while ago touched me and now we're going through child abuse allegations (which never happened) and it keeps coming up in my mind. I really need to talk to someone about it but the only person I feel comfortable talking to is a teacher. I know she has a duty of care to report it but I'm scared that if I tell her then she will inform social services and make the whole thing worse and get them into trouble. Please help xx

2. Childline Avatar
    BeauBeauGH / May 09 2016 20.43

Please please please please please, tell someone like your parents, your teacher. Except just don't worry, if someone's done something wrong it needs to get sorted. 

I do not know if it is sexual abuse!

But tell someone in case 

Beau

3. Childline Avatar
    tidge3 / May 09 2016 23.09

At my school i talk to my form tutor and he doesnt tell other teachers unless he thinks me or someone else is unsafe. This, i think, is how schools work. If you're in secondary school talk to your form tutor, it helps :)

I hope you're okay

Tidge

4. Childline Avatar
    Wishiwaslikeyou- / May 10 2016 20.48
    bluedragon201200 / 09 may 2016 at 19:15

I think this counts as sexual abuse but I'm not really sure: my stepdad a while ago touched me and now we're going through child abuse allegations (which never happened) and it keeps coming up in my mind. I really need to talk to someone about it but the only person I feel comfortable talking to is a teacher. I know she has a duty of care to report it but I'm scared that if I tell her then she will inform social services and make the whole thing worse and get them into trouble. Please help xx

If you tell a teacher then this will get recorded and social services will get involved.

I haven't had that problem but I thought telling a teacher my problems should make it all better, I might I'm still waiting but the teacher will have to involved services for that.

Now this is something you should report.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get along xxx

5. Contemplator
    Ceci15 / May 15 2016 22.34

Hi,

I'm going to be honest and say that every teacher at school is legally abliged to report any abuse disclosures made by students at their school. It will be reported to the safeguarding officer (who at my school is my head teacher) who should report it to social services. 

Despite this, talking really helps. It is not your fault so you will NOT be in trouble. If you are ready, reporting it to someone you trust should help you to recover....

Hope this helped,

Ceci 

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything