Repressed memories...

Show
  1. Wallflower
    Spydinopizza / May 16 2016 13.47

I may have repressed memories, sometimes ill get flash backs too...

Is it normal to question if you're just imagining it? :(

2. Reaching out
    Amy-is-Amazing / May 09 2016 20.45

Hi!

it is unusual to have false backs and may be a sign of suppressed memories. However that may not be it and there could be another explanation. As I am not a psychologist I would suggest trying to see a councillor either through this website, your school or your parents who can all give you resources for help. 

Good luck in the future it will get better 

xx

amy 

(sorry about how cringy that was but it is true)

3. Wallflower
    Spydinopizza / May 09 2016 22.09
    amy / is

Hi!

it is unusual to have false backs and may be a sign of suppressed memories. However that may not be it and there could be another explanation. As I am not a psychologist I would suggest trying to see a councillor either through this website, your school or your parents who can all give you resources for help. 

Good luck in the future it will get better 

xx

amy 

(sorry about how cringy that was but it is true)

Hi thanks for replying,

I already see counsellors and a pychologist soon, i started remembering or having flashbacks about 2 months ago and still get them, it adds up everything in my life but i just question it alot and im scared...

Thanks

4. Contemplator
    Ceci15 / May 15 2016 22.44

Hi,

I've always questioned whether memories are real or not when I start to get them back, then they cemented and I had to accept they were real. It's happening again now with something that may or may not have happened.

My therapist says that it's liked to dissociation when the child spills reality from imagination so it doesn't hurt as much... then as your head decides you can cope, the memories come back. At first they are faint but they get clearer with time until you know it's real.

I know your scared, and that your questioning it, and that it's impossible to imagine without experiencing it. Hold on and hopefully the psychologist will help.

Hope this helps,

Ceci 

5. Wallflower
    Spydinopizza / May 16 2016 13.47
    ceci15 / 15 may 2016 at 22:44

Hi,

I've always questioned whether memories are real or not when I start to get them back, then they cemented and I had to accept they were real. It's happening again now with something that may or may not have happened.

My therapist says that it's liked to dissociation when the child spills reality from imagination so it doesn't hurt as much... then as your head decides you can cope, the memories come back. At first they are faint but they get clearer with time until you know it's real.

I know your scared, and that your questioning it, and that it's impossible to imagine without experiencing it. Hold on and hopefully the psychologist will help.

Hope this helps,

Ceci 

Hi thanks for replying

That's really helpful thankyou so much, and yes ill try to hold on until then.
    my counsellor said mine could be linked to dissociation too
    thankyou this reply helped

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything