I'm still scared

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Eleena87312 / Jun 19 2016 1.55

I was raped by a friend of mine nearly 9 months ago now,

i reported it to the police but unfortunately the case was dropped.

i still have night terrors, the thought of even consensual sex stil makes me anxious, I just wish I could let go of these emotions.

any advise or condolence? 

2. Childline Avatar
    13m / Jun 18 2016 13.42

In poor u u did the right thing by going to the police maybe talk to someone that u truly trust and go into counselling 

3. Childline Avatar
    tidge3 / Jun 18 2016 22.10

Hi ellie, as for advice, i would say going into a relationship make sure the other person knows youre in control. If they knew what happened, even vaguely then that may help them understand better why u wouldnt want to do anything. And a relationship doesnt have to have anything sexual at all and can still work. Just do everything on your terms. as for your emotions, sometimes it helps me to just have a cry about what happened to me and then i wipe my eyes and carry on. Sometimes you just need that alone time. Hope i helped :) Tidge

4. Childline Avatar
    Taneeshajayne / Jun 19 2016 1.55

Everything you are feeling is a completely normal reaction to a crappy situation. Having a rape case dropped is way to familiar as it happened to me recently. Please don't fight alone and please speak to people. You are NOT a burden and I promise getting things off your chest really helps! 

Im sending all nice thoughts your way x

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything