Show
  1. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / May 04 2016 18.23

Hi,

By the way, all credit to XxDepressedTeenageGirl97xX for this idea. 

Basically, it's the same as her thread for 121 chats, but just for email. Because I know a lot of people get their main support on childline through email, myself included here. And I know that we can get good emails and not so good ones. I have also noticed that I don't really see much feedback for emails on the boards, so I thought we could put it in one thread. 

So, I'll start, cause I was about to create a thread saying this anyway. I got a really nice email yesterday (26/8/14) at 23:21 (11:23 pm). It was from a counsellor called Chelsea. She was really nice and just little things made me feel a lot better. So thanks! 

Max, Lee or Lou, could you maybe pass this on and other pieces of feedback please? 

As I said, all credit to XxDepressedTeenageGirl97xX for this idea. 

Hope you're all okay, 

Alphabet2806 

2. Reaching out
    Max-Host / Aug 26 2014 14.53
    alphabet2806 / today at 07:51

Hi,

By the way, all credit to XxDepressedTeenageGirl97xX for this idea. 

Basically, it's the same as her thread for 121 chats, but just for email. Because I know a lot of people get their main support on childline through email, myself included here. And I know that we can get good emails and not so good ones. I have also noticed that I don't really see much feedback for emails on the boards, so I thought we could put it in one thread. 

So, I'll start, cause I was about to create a thread saying this anyway. I got a really nice email yesterday (26/8/14) at 23:21 (11:23 pm). It was from a counsellor called Chelsea. She was really nice and just little things made me feel a lot better. So thanks! 

Max, Lee or Lou, could you maybe pass this on and other pieces of feedback please? 

As I said, all credit to XxDepressedTeenageGirl97xX for this idea. 

Hope you're all okay, 

Alphabet2806 

Hi Alphabet,

I will get this feedback passed on for you. 

It is helpful for the hosts to have all the feedback in one place so we know that we are not missing anything. There seems to be a lot of great  feedback coming through about email so it could be the right time to start a thread. 

I can pin this up, and hopefully people will start to know where to leave email feedback for the hosts. 

Thanks

Max-Host

3. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Aug 26 2014 17.23
    max / host

Hi Alphabet,

I will get this feedback passed on for you. 

It is helpful for the hosts to have all the feedback in one place so we know that we are not missing anything. There seems to be a lot of great  feedback coming through about email so it could be the right time to start a thread. 

I can pin this up, and hopefully people will start to know where to leave email feedback for the hosts. 

Thanks

Max-Host

Hi max,

Thanks for passing that on for me! 

Yep, I'd seen more feedback on emails than usual so I just thought.

I came on looking for it a minute ago and was like 'where is it' then I realised you'd pinned it. Thanks for pinning it for me. 

Thanks again! 

Alphabet

4. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Aug 31 2014 16.45

Hi,

I am aware that 3 out of four posts are now mine, sorry! 

But just had another fab email. This time from a counsellor called Carys at 14:42 today (31/08). But she really understood what I was talking about and offered some good information and just was generally great! So thanks! It really means a lot when I get these kinds of emails. 

Can a host pass this on for me maybe please?? 

Thanks! 

Alphabet2806 xoxo

5. Childline Avatar
    Chocoholic1123 / Aug 31 2014 17.09

Hi, 

it's great that you've got a lot of positive things out of the email service! The best email I had was from a councellor called Rachel, but it was a couple of months ago now. The one I got recently wasn't so good, somehow it made me feel a little uncomfortable about what I'd said. 

But overall, I really like the email service, I think it's good to be able to look back over what you have said and the replies

chocoholic xx

6. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Aug 31 2014 17.57
    chocoholic1123 / today at 17:09

Hi, 

it's great that you've got a lot of positive things out of the email service! The best email I had was from a councellor called Rachel, but it was a couple of months ago now. The one I got recently wasn't so good, somehow it made me feel a little uncomfortable about what I'd said. 

But overall, I really like the email service, I think it's good to be able to look back over what you have said and the replies

chocoholic xx

I do like it a lot. It's the way I get my support from cl, it just works for me and I get to think about it etc. 

Glad Rachel helped. I don't know, but if you can find the date a host might still be able to pass it on if you want. I think I had an email from Rachel a month ago that was great. I seem to remember that name. 

Yes, I've had that occasionally as well. It's not nice feeling uncomfortable about it. 

I agree! 

Alphabet xoxo

7. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Oct 05 2014 16.21

I'm aware that bar one person, I'm the only person that has posted on here! But I can't be bothered to make a different thread to say this, so I hope someone still sees this! 

But is it possible for a host to say thanks to Karen for me please? I've literally just had an email sent through from her, at 16:05, and I'd really appreciate it. She's made me feel so much better about myself. 

Thanks,

Alphabet :) 

8. Reaching out
    Childline-Host / Oct 17 2014 18.09
    alphabet13 / 05 october 2014 at 16:21

I'm aware that bar one person, I'm the only person that has posted on here! But I can't be bothered to make a different thread to say this, so I hope someone still sees this! 

But is it possible for a host to say thanks to Karen for me please? I've literally just had an email sent through from her, at 16:05, and I'd really appreciate it. She's made me feel so much better about myself. 

Thanks,

Alphabet :) 

Hi Alphabet,

I’ve just seen your feedback now and wanted to say thanks so much for posting here.  I know the counsellors love to get your feedback and I’ll definitely pass this on for you.  You are right not many people have posted here yet but I think it’s great that some of you have and hopefully now more people will see it and post. 

I will also remind the other hosts to check back in here regularly too to make sure that we can pass on any feedback quickly.

Thanks again for posting,
    Lou-Host

9. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Oct 17 2014 20.16
    childline / host

Hi Alphabet,

I’ve just seen your feedback now and wanted to say thanks so much for posting here.  I know the counsellors love to get your feedback and I’ll definitely pass this on for you.  You are right not many people have posted here yet but I think it’s great that some of you have and hopefully now more people will see it and post. 

I will also remind the other hosts to check back in here regularly too to make sure that we can pass on any feedback quickly.

Thanks again for posting,
    Lou-Host

Hi Lou (nice to see you around by the way), 

Thanks a lot! 

And thanks again, 

Fleur 

10. Childline Avatar
    AllThatPerpetualPain-TheIsland / Oct 18 2014 11.39

This is a great idea. Well personally i feel like the emails could be improved by not just repeating what you say back to you.

Negative Feedback:
    Like a lot of my replies are mostly all what i have already written, but then a few of the counsellors sentences added on. But when i asked for them to not just repeat what i said back to me i found their email a lot more useful and less robotic. Like i understand they need to identify the things you said before they discuss them, but when they do that i feel a majority of the text in the email response isnt all their writting.
    Like if they didnt do that it would be a lot more helpful and i wouldnt sometimes feel like i wasted 24 hours waiting for a message when all it does is repeat what you already said back to you.

I also think that the phrase: "It sounds like that was pretty hard for you" is used far too much. Like nearly every time i get a reply off an email or 1-2-1 it says that and it is really repetitive and makes you feel like they are all told to say the same thing. Like just rephrasing it or using a different choice of words would be good. Rather than everyone using the same phrase.

Positive Feedback:
    The emails are really useful because if you have too much going on and cant say it in a 1-2-1 without time running out it is worth the 24 hour wait.

Whenever im stressed or upset i can just throw every single feeling into an email and when i get a reply a little later it helps me get over how im feeling or helps me figure out what to do about something.

They are much more productive than 1-2-1s because the counsellor doesnt have restricted time to reply, so they can help you out without a restrictive timescale.

I put both good and bad because i find the emails really useful, but i also think they could be improved maybe.
    Thanks
    ~AllThatPerpetualPain

11. Fixer
    Alphabet15 / Oct 18 2014 12.28
    allthatperpetualpain / theisland

This is a great idea. Well personally i feel like the emails could be improved by not just repeating what you say back to you.

Negative Feedback:
    Like a lot of my replies are mostly all what i have already written, but then a few of the counsellors sentences added on. But when i asked for them to not just repeat what i said back to me i found their email a lot more useful and less robotic. Like i understand they need to identify the things you said before they discuss them, but when they do that i feel a majority of the text in the email response isnt all their writting.
    Like if they didnt do that it would be a lot more helpful and i wouldnt sometimes feel like i wasted 24 hours waiting for a message when all it does is repeat what you already said back to you.

I also think that the phrase: "It sounds like that was pretty hard for you" is used far too much. Like nearly every time i get a reply off an email or 1-2-1 it says that and it is really repetitive and makes you feel like they are all told to say the same thing. Like just rephrasing it or using a different choice of words would be good. Rather than everyone using the same phrase.

Positive Feedback:
    The emails are really useful because if you have too much going on and cant say it in a 1-2-1 without time running out it is worth the 24 hour wait.

Whenever im stressed or upset i can just throw every single feeling into an email and when i get a reply a little later it helps me get over how im feeling or helps me figure out what to do about something.

They are much more productive than 1-2-1s because the counsellor doesnt have restricted time to reply, so they can help you out without a restrictive timescale.

I put both good and bad because i find the emails really useful, but i also think they could be improved maybe.
    Thanks
    ~AllThatPerpetualPain

Hi AllThatPerpetualPain,

That pretty much sums it up. I do agree with the repetition a lot, and that phrase. Every now and again it irritates me. But as you can see, I generally think the emails are great. 

Fleur Xoxo

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything