The only thing i like about myself is my music taste?

Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Celery123 / May 06 2016 20.45

People say to boost your self esteem you need to think about the good things about you. Well, the only thing i like about myself is my awesome music taste. I find that my music (mostly metal) helps me not think about how i look, however, it has got to the point were this is the only thing i can think of that i like about myself. Also, i have found that as people are calling me names such as ugly i am begining to belive it. Is this normal??

2. Superstar
    psychodragongirlxx / May 06 2016 20.45
    celery123 / 05 may 2016 at 22:38

People say to boost your self esteem you need to think about the good things about you. Well, the only thing i like about myself is my awesome music taste. I find that my music (mostly metal) helps me not think about how i look, however, it has got to the point were this is the only thing i can think of that i like about myself. Also, i have found that as people are calling me names such as ugly i am begining to belive it. Is this normal??

Hi, 

This is very normal. Scientists say that if one person says something to someone, that person believes it because they have heard it from someone. Whether you care or not doesn't matter.

If you can't find that you like anything about how you look, think about what's on the inside, that's what counts. If you ask me, I didn't judge my friends on whether they're ugly or not, it's just whether they have a good personality (and tbh, my friends aren't actually the prettiest of people). So if you can't find anything you like about your personality, try and do something nice for someone. Or, you could even try to find yourself a new hobby so you know that you're enjoying and good at something. 

*Believe and achieve *

-Em xoxo 

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything