Show
  1. Childline Avatar
    Livs1511 / May 23 2016 8.17

I have recently moved schools due to bullying and my new teacher is making me perform in front of my class and I don't want to and am so nervous. I tried to talk to him and he is making me do it. Even though I get anxious, my mouth goes dry and I stutter. I don't know what to do :(

2. Childline Avatar
    Rosie040402 / Apr 23 2016 17.34
    livs1511 / 21 april 2016 at 22:48

I have recently moved schools due to bullying and my new teacher is making me perform in front of my class and I don't want to and am so nervous. I tried to talk to him and he is making me do it. Even though I get anxious, my mouth goes dry and I stutter. I don't know what to do :(

Have you tried talking to another teacher you trust in the school? Some teachers respond better when another adult talks to them personally. If you can't do that, ask if you can listen to music through headphones whilst you perform. It makes you think that you're by yourself and just listening to music - not in front of people who are watching you. 

3. Childline Avatar
    EquineLover17 / May 23 2016 8.17

I would go and tell your head of year, he cant make you perform infront of a class, I've been made to do it before as I felt like I would be judged so I told my head of year and also a teacher I love! They talked to this horrible teacher who said I could do it infront of her and a few other people literally it wa 2 people and her. 

Helpfully techniques are:
    1. Practising at a lunch time
    2. Look at either 1 friend or star at a wall
    3. Get something you can fidget with ( I always do this)
    4. Sit at your table and do it 

Hope this helps 
    Amy 

Show

saying
exactly
how i feel

Talk to us about anything