Ask Sam letter


To Sam

Confused and worried

To sam im not sure what to do because my mums new boyfriend is doing things to me which i really dont like, i've told one of my closest friends and she has said its sexual abuse...but im not sure if it is or not, and i dont know if i should tell someone because my mum loves him and i want her to be happy

Ask Sam


Hi and well done for writing to me

Reading your letter it seems as though this has taken a lot of courage to write and it's good that you have done this. By the sounds of it you want your mum to be happy but it doesn't seem as though this is the right man for her to have around.

I'd say that you do need to talk to another trusted and close adult such as an auntie, uncle, neighbour, or even teacher at school, and tell them what you have told me.

If you don't think you could do this right now come and have a chat with one of our ChildLine counsellors. They will listen to what you have to say and together work out what you would like to happen about this situation.

You can do this by phoning us on 0800 1111 or log in and have an online 1-2-1 chat. You could also send a ChildLine an email from Your Locker and a counsellor will send you a reply back to you..Please make contact and take care.


Need help straight away?

You can talk privately to a counsellor online or call 0800 1111 for free.

Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there's nothing too big or small. I read every single letter but I can only answer a few each week. My replies are published here on my page.

Write me a letter