The Childline website isn't working at the moment
We're really sorry, but the Childline website, including 1-2-1 counsellor chats and emails aren't available right now.
Please try again later. Or, if you need support right now, you can still speak to a counsellor by calling 0800 1111. If you normally talk to us online, or you're scared about calling, it can help to remember:
- It's free on any phone and won't show up on the phone bill
- You can say as much or as little as you feel able to
- When you first call you'll get through to a Switchboard Volunteer who's there to help you get the right support.
Childline is confidential, which means that when you call us we won't tell anyone what you've told us unless:
- you ask us to
- we believe your life or someone else's life is in danger
- you're being hurt by someone in a position of trust who has access to other children like a teacher or police officer
- you tell us that you're seriously harming another person.
In an emergency you should always phone 999.