Ask Sam letter


To Sam


hi im L just want to say my uncle sexual touched me and hes got away with it hes done it years ago and my aunty still with him and im 17 years of age.  he was 49 when he done this to me i still live in the same street as him and i sees him very day thought i would share with you
Ask Sam


Hello L,

Thank you for sending your letter. I can imagine that seeing your uncle every day can be quite stressful at times. I want to let you know that what your Uncle did to you was wrong as nobody has the right to sexually abuse you. There is more information in Explore about Sexual abuse that you many find helpful.

I know that talking about what happened in the past can be hard and you have done really well to contact me. It sounds like things have reached a point where you might want to do something about this and there are options available to you.

You can talk confidentially to a ChildLine counsellor by phone on 0800 1111, through 1-2-1 chat or you can send an email. The counsellors are friendly and not easily shocked. They can help you talk about how you feel, explore the choices you have and help you identify ways to get support.

You may also like to look at the ChildLine message boards and see if other people have similar experiences.

Take care,


Need help straight away?

You can talk privately to a counsellor online or call 0800 1111 for free.

Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there's nothing too big or small. I read every single letter but I can only answer a few each week. My replies are published here on my page.

Write me a letter