The theme for this year’s Black History Month is “Proud to be”. It’s an opportunity to share what you’re proud of and talk about what Black people have achieved.
There are lots of ways you can celebrate this month and in the future:
- talk about what makes you proud to be Black with the people you care about
- find out what your school is doing to celebrate, and talk to your teachers about how you can get involved
- write about what Black History Month means to you and share stories of Black people who inspire you on our message boards
- find out more about important moments or people in Black history, or create a timeline of important moments at school
- talk about the difficulties you’ve had as a Black person, or what you’d like to change in the future.
Why not share how you’re celebrating Black History month on the message boards, or get ideas from other young people?
The last two years have been difficult for many reasons, and it might not always feel easy to celebrate your history. If things are feeling difficult, remember that Childline is always here to support you.